Fatal Error

Started by redp, April 26, 2008, 18:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelark

The call to a nonmeber fuction error is all over the board. Many are having this issue but it is happening at different points with different components.

It seems to happen when someone does something like adding something to their cart and then trying to fetch their account info or password before logging in.

In may case it is adding a product to the cart then doing a search for the lost password.

The error come from some confusion between com_user and ps_checkout.

Ruppert

UPDATE: Fixed it. I hadn't properly initialized the chosen shipping rate shipping_rate_id in the $_REQUEST.

This leads me to think that the source of other people's problems in this thread is that the chosen shipping rate shipping_rate_id isn't initialized properly. This could mean that the shipping form doesn't submit the shipping_rate_id value, or it's lost somehow in the url.

I'm implementing my own version of standard_shipping.php and I get a similar error:

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to a member function get_rate() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\ja_test\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\basket.php on line 176
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0024 87992 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0
2 0.4283 5045208 JSite->dispatch( ) ..\index.php:68
3 0.4325 5059144 JComponentHelper->renderComponent( ) ..\application.php:124
4 0.4442 5190400 require_once( 'C:\xampp\htdocs\ja_test\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart.php' ) ..\helper.php:162
5 1.1636 13307848 include( 'C:\xampp\htdocs\ja_test\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\checkout.index.php' ) ..\virtuemart.php:214
6 1.1818 13415984 include_once( 'C:\xampp\htdocs\ja_test\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\basket.php' ) ..\checkout.index.php:61

The line in basket.php that causes the error is :

$shipping_total = round( $ps_checkout->_SHIPPING->get_rate ( $vars ), 5 );

$ps_checkout->_SHIPPING is null, but it's null also when completing a sale with the default standard_shipping.php... Not sure where this error is coming from.

Any pointers would be really appreciated,

Ruppert.

VM 1.1.2
J 1.5.7
Ruppert.

samoht

Ruppert,

How did you fix this exactly??

My setup is working with one of my shipping modules but not with the other?
I use Joomla 1.5! and VM 1.1

samoht

if anyone is interested I was able to fix the problem by checking the case in the url and the SHIPPING class called. in my situation the name of the class was in all caps and the url did not like that  - perhaps because of a setting I had in sh404SEF to convert to lower etc.
I use Joomla 1.5! and VM 1.1

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
7+4+3:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview