News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

class: product-Old-Price, is not working in the extra modules (latest prod)

Started by GrouchoMrx, April 26, 2008, 16:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrouchoMrx

Description:
Hi! When I load the extra modules that come with VM 1.1 they do not show the class product-Old-Price correctly - the price is not red with a line over it. I have, however got it to work if I load the all-in-one module (don't want it loaded really) on the page and has concluded that that module adds these lines to the web page, which makes it work:
  <script src="http://www.jabbergab.se/components/com_virtuemart/fetchscript.php?gzip=0&amp;subdir
You can check it on my frontpage: http://www.jabbergab.se

VirtueMart Version:

Joomla/Mambo Version:

Steps to replicate:
Just load modules latest product or random products etc on another page than the one you have the shop on. Then you see that it does not work. To make it work load the all-in-one module.

Proposed fix(es):
Don't know.

Bugtracker task #:
Enter the bugtracker task #/url when submitted.

System info:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.8.1.14; .NET CLR 3.0; ffco7) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14
Apache: PHP made on Linux srv97 2.6.18-6-vserver-amd64 #1 SMP Sun Feb 10 17:55:04 UTC 2008 x86_64
PHP version: 5.2.5
ySQL Support   enabled
Active Persistent Links    0
Active Links    1
Client API version    4.1.11
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE    external
MYSQL_SOCKET    /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
MYSQL_INCLUDE    -I/usr/include/mysql
MYSQL_LIBS    -L/usr/lib -lmysqlclient

robert andrews

Im haveing the same problem but found it only does this on the front page. the module works ok when you go to any product page.
I am useing vm 1.1 and joomla 1.5

www.lincs-golf.co.uk  to see what I mean
Regards
Rob

GrouchoMrx

Temporary solution?
It seems that most of the small plugins does not include the CSS-file for Virtuemart, which means that one must do that oneself. To fix the problem with the red line over the old price (AND bold text on price), take these lines and put them into your main (joomla theme) CSS file:
/* Virtuemart fix for front page (red line over old price etc.) */
.productPrice {
font-weight:bold;
white-space: nowrap;
}
.product-Old-Price {
color:red;
text-decoration:line-through;
}

Anyone knows if there can be problems when loading the same CSS file twice? If it's not a problem, maybe it's better to do that to avoid looking for duplicate code when you want to alter your layout.

jenkinhill

No problem loading css twice (or more times). The last loaded will be the one applied.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum