News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Send Registration results in Error Dialog [TOS BUG]

Started by thewitt, March 01, 2008, 19:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewitt

I have a brand new installation of Joomla 1.5.1, and I've started adding components to make it a full featured website.

I installed VirtueMart 1.1 RC1 from the 2/17 build, and after defining one product and attempting to purchase it in my test store, I cannot get past the Send Registration screen.

I get the following error dialog after filling out the registration form:

"Please make sure the form is complete and valid"

The only search hits I received in the general forums seemed to refer to modifications to the software. This is a completely virgin installation, nothing changed, nothing interesting happening yet...

Any ideas?

-t

thewitt

Since I take it no one else has seen this behavior, I'll start trying to debug exactly what's happening.

Any hints on this process would be appreciated.  There is nothing in the access_log, error_log or Java Error Console to clue me in on a direction to go here.

-t

thewitt

OK, I found it and can duplicate it at will.

If you set the checkbox to OFF in Configuration->Global->User Regstraion

Must agree to Terms of Service?

You get this error on the Send Registration screen.

This is as of last night's nightly build, installed with the sample store data.

-t

thewitt

That did it, thank you. 

It does seem a little awkward to have to disable this in two places, but this certainly will work for my store.

-t

coachellen

Quote from: aravot on March 06, 2008, 21:53:09 PM
I have request for this to be changed, controlled from Manage fields only.

It seems to me that this would be much less intuitive for most users than if it was controlled from the VirtueMart Configuration.  Most users aren't going to look at the "Manage User Fields" when configuring their cart. 

aris_c

I'm going absolutely mad looking desperately for this "Manage User Fields", which I've figured out is supposed to be at Admin" ⇒ "Manage User Fields.

It's not in my VM control panel.  Got any idea why I don't have it? Perhaps I am missing a file/php page?

VirtueMart 1.0.14 stable
Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable

aris_c

update: figured out that apparently my version of VM does not have this choice in the Admin panel (It's in 1.1), so - since I'm in the stable version, and would really rather not mess with the newer version....

Can anybody tell me why I'm getting the error "Please make sure the form is complete and valid" when someone tries to register before adding anything to their cart, but it works fine if they've already added to the cart and are in the process of checking out?

Thanks in advance for advice! :)