News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

virtuemart + flash

Started by RedLight Traitor, October 14, 2007, 03:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedLight Traitor

www.shopknowlabel.com
www.chickarita.org
www.coverplayard.com

If I can be of any assistance to you, please don't  hesitate to skype me at "redlighttraitor" Thanks for all who have helped me! - Johnny
Joomla Website Development and Los Angeles SEO Services
www.redlightfusion.com

Nirm

A lot of questions are answered in the VM 1.1 User Manual please read it before asking questions.
-------------------------------------
http://www.nirmoysomaia.com

RedLight Traitor

www.shopknowlabel.com
www.chickarita.org
www.coverplayard.com

If I can be of any assistance to you, please don't  hesitate to skype me at "redlighttraitor" Thanks for all who have helped me! - Johnny
www.redlightfusion.com

Nirm

Would be great if you could outline the mods you have made and how have you  linked flash categories to VM. There was a tutorial on how to create Flash products in VM (www.joomlastorm.com) but sadly that site is down. Are you familiar with the new Adobe Air platform. There is a lot of buzz about building desktop apps that connect to remote apps. I found this amazing cart through the Adobe site take a look http://www.allurent.com/page.php?id=38

A lot of questions are answered in the VM 1.1 User Manual please read it before asking questions.

tcherno

Yeah! Nice products layout! Very simple, efficient.
I wonder how you achieved to link virtuemart and flash together...  :P

Maybe very fun for a portfolio...

RedLight Traitor

Actually the flash file was just a custom flash file that feeds information through a simple XML file. In the XML file you basically put in numbers and urls for:  FRONTimage, BACKimage, transition time, item spacing, and URL to link to individual product. Easy to do and the flash file just took a little bit of time that's all. I might consider selling it for cheap if it helps people.
www.shopknowlabel.com
www.chickarita.org
www.coverplayard.com

www.redlightfusion.com

lob73

Uaouuu! Really nice! Congratulations!
How did you managed the 2 images in the product description?
What SEF program are you using? It works very smooth...

Nirm

Johnny,

How difficult would it be to create XML on the fly using PHP -  if you could do that the Flash product front end could act as a template to accept XML data and the whole system would be dynamic?

RedLight Traitor

Thanks for the kind comments!

I'm using sh404sef (w) as my SEF_URL components. It's pretty easy to setup and get going once you know the basics. Most people have trouble incorporating SSL and configuring mod_rewrite WITH htacess.

As for the 2 small images in the description. That was done MANUALLY. It was tedious but gave me what I wanted. Just go and create a small image in the description and then set it to open to a pop-up window of the bigger image when clicked. Took a lot of time and I wish I knew how to program more so I could have made it more CMS-like.

XML could definitely be edited using PHP and turned into a mambot or something and the system could very well be a dynamic component as opposed to a static flash file. I didn't go all the way since the client gave us such a low budget but I could definitely look into it in the future.
www.shopknowlabel.com
www.chickarita.org
www.coverplayard.com

www.redlightfusion.com

AC

This is a great fix and it is just what I'm looking for. What is your "cheap" price for your work?

Guillo

That looks very nice! What editor are you using to create the XML file used to place the Flash file??