News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[BRAINSTORM] Boxing

Started by Edgar. R. Koster, August 01, 2007, 09:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edgar. R. Koster

Well again I came accoss something to ease the work and make the price more accurate. This time it's boxing. Our store sells items which use the same box. Or an box which is only higher.

I want to make a section in the drop down shipping. One view boxes, and one add box (just like shipping rates and carrier). This form will save: box_name, type, weight, sizes

Next in my product overview on the tab sizes I'm going to make a field BOX where you can select the box type in which it should fix.

Next the shipping calculation is to be udated. It will first caculate the total height and the get the weight of the box. Then it should start total calculation from there. In a later stadium, when we sell some advanced products, I'm going to expand the type part here.

This way you shipping calculation, which is based on weight, will be more accurate.

Before I start this I need the hack finished I'm working on now, and one I've got waiting, so maybe 2-3 weeks from now.
I have all my hacks, tweaks, & mods on my site. I'm happy to help you out, even if you want a new one!