News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Most Seamless Payment Module?

Started by supern00b, June 06, 2007, 04:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supern00b

We have set up a site and use PayPal but we no longer wish to use them unless we absolutely have to.

The main complaint is that customers are setting up an account in our site and then having to set up an account in PayPal and we want to avoid this.  The other issue is wanting to avoid the appearance of the customer leaving our site.

So can someone please recommend the most seamless option for using VirtueMart?  We would like it to look like we processed the payment ourselves, no dual login, etc.

Please help?

Bill

Hi Supern00b,

I believe PayPal is the most popular payment module here.  With PayPal Pro you can process credit cards right on your site, but there are options for PayPal standard as well.  For one thing, you can go to the PayPal site and configure Custom Payment Pages, so you can use your own logo and make it look more like your site.  The other thing is to have your customer's name and address information transferred directly into PayPal, so they don't have to reenter their information each time they order.  There are several posts on that subject here, including one that I'm trying to get an answer to right now.  Here's my post:   http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=28867.0.  Hopefully my question will be resolved soon.

Bill