Author Topic: Custom Attributes Extended 2.1 [Hack]  (Read 495836 times)

Paul

• Beginner
Re: Custom Attributes Extended 2.0 [Hack]
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2007, 00:43:05 am »
I've just installed the latest update and it's working much better now.

The min/max file limits are working well. The error message is a nice touch too. This isn't really an issue but if a product has several files to upload, is it possible for the error message to indicate which attribute is in error if the file size is wrong?

Something else I noticed is if I have 2 upload fields and upload 2 files everything is fine. Similarly if I upload no files everything is fine - the no files uploaded message displays.
However if I upload 1 file and leave the second field blank I get the 'file type not supported' error instead of the new 'No file was uploaded' message. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
Paul

barnett

• Contemplate Design
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2007, 01:15:10 am »
I've just installed the latest update and it's working much better now.

The min/max file limits are working well. The error message is a nice touch too. This isn't really an issue but if a product has several files to upload, is it possible for the error message to indicate which attribute is in error if the file size is wrong?

Something else I noticed is if I have 2 upload fields and upload 2 files everything is fine. Similarly if I upload no files everything is fine - the no files uploaded message displays.
However if I upload 1 file and leave the second field blank I get the 'file type not supported' error instead of the new 'No file was uploaded' message. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
Paul

I've now fixed this issue... see new files on first thread.
-barnett

-- UPDATED -- 5-23-07
- fixed file upload to play nice w/ multiple file uploads
- print file name to screen when there is an error

Paul

• Beginner
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2007, 01:25:58 am »
Wow - that was fast. Just installed the fix and it's working perfectly now.

Paul

brigitte

• Beginner
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2007, 09:45:20 am »
Hi Barnett!

Installed update and Safari problems are gone now! Txs for helping the mac-community!

2 questions:

- upload: silly, but were/how can i store the uploaded file to use in eg printing?
- css safari (sorry) name of picture in selectbox is displayed right of the image. FF displays it above the image which i think is nicer. I'm not really a css guru so i cannot find this in your files to fix. Any hints?

I'm happy to test things for you in Safari, btw.

Thx for the fixes!
Brigitte

Christian Bach

• Beginner
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2007, 11:17:13 am »
There's is just one small bug left, Line 2 & 3 is not counted and added to the shoppingcart. Could you point me in the right direction?

I really hope to resolve this issue soon, we can't wait to get online with our new webshop. :o)

EDIT: This is only an issue in IE. It works like a charm in FF. ???

/cbach
the new update fixes this problem.
-barnett

Thank you. :)

I have one simple question, the text entered on the product page is countet and multiplied on the basket. What if I wanted to specify it more on the invoice like: 14 chars of 1.00 MONEY: 14.00 MONEY.
Where do I change this? I have looked through the files in your zip file and I can't locate it.

I have another small problem with images for a select box. It works in FF but in IE it returns a JavaScript error?
http://shor.ter.dk/926843280

P.S.: You still haven't told me if you had a PayPal account. I would really like to donate something for all your work.

/cbach

EDIT: I fixed the error removing spaces in the title of the field. IE is wierd, FF FTW! :)

barnett

• Contemplate Design
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2007, 22:54:27 pm »
Hi Barnett!

Installed update and Safari problems are gone now! Txs for helping the mac-community!

2 questions:

- upload: silly, but were/how can i store the uploaded file to use in eg printing?
- css safari (sorry) name of picture in selectbox is displayed right of the image. FF displays it above the image which i think is nicer. I'm not really a css guru so i cannot find this in your files to fix. Any hints?

I'm happy to test things for you in Safari, btw.

Thx for the fixes!
Brigitte

Glad to hear it worked in Safari.

1)  you can upload the file to any directory on your webserver you want... (see syntax for file upload)  then you'd have to have some other component or script to do anything else with the file.  But that is beyond this hack.

2) Could you please post a screen capture so that I can see what it is actually doing..... since I don't have safari.... or if any one would like to give me a mac I'll take that option too :)

-barnett

barnett

• Contemplate Design
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2007, 23:16:48 pm »
Thank you. :)

I have one simple question, the text entered on the product page is countet and multiplied on the basket. What if I wanted to specify it more on the invoice like: 14 chars of 1.00 MONEY: 14.00 MONEY.
Where do I change this? I have looked through the files in your zip file and I can't locate it.

I have another small problem with images for a select box. It works in FF but in IE it returns a JavaScript error?
http://shor.ter.dk/926843280

P.S.: You still haven't told me if you had a PayPal account. I would really like to donate something for all your work.

/cbach

EDIT: I fixed the error removing spaces in the title of the field. IE is wierd, FF FTW! :)

there seems to be a problem w/ the select boxes in IE7 which shows the "label" of the options rather than the "value".  Since the image switching uses labels it then shows the image path rather than the value.  I'll look into fixing this....

I'll also look into the added cost description for text & text area fields.
-barnett

ps.  I sent you a PM about paypal

barnett

• Contemplate Design
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2007, 00:35:07 am »
New update.  See first thread for files.  This fixes a major display bug in IE7 with drop-downs.  Also added cbach's requested feature.
-barnett

-- UPDATED -- 5-24-07
- fixed IE7 bug: image path was appearing in drop-down select
- added "-d" option to text and textarea charge types to show cost break down in cart... see syntax

dubey

• Beginner
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2007, 02:34:48 am »
Is anybody else getting the message "Error: File/Image Upload Error" with the new update?

barnett

• Contemplate Design
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2007, 03:51:30 am »
Is anybody else getting the message "Error: File/Image Upload Error" with the new update?

please post your attribute code being used.

Is the folder you are uploading to have the correct permissions set?

Also check what is the maximum file size your server allows?

I don't seem to have issues with the file upload.
-barnett

brigitte

• Beginner
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2007, 09:01:49 am »
Hi Barnett,

I will play with the upload, see how far i can get :)

Pictures Safari vs FF below so you can see the difference in layout (first pic is safari) . I'm curious if you'll see anything.
Happy to read your comment on safari, i switched some 2 years ago and i'm NEVER going back to she stone age (ok different discussion :):)

cheers
brigitte

Ken Smith

• Beginner
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2007, 00:14:02 am »
I installed the lasted version and i keep getting this error:
Info: To add this product into your cart you have to select a product variant on the details page.

attributes: Text to Engrave(text)(|)(|);
                Instructions(textarea)(|)(|);
                Upload Image(file)(|)(uploads/|.jpg,.bmp)

I've tried using just one attribute, and different attributes but i get the error every time.
Im using the latest stable versions of joomla and virtuemart.

dubey

• Beginner
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2007, 00:31:35 am »
Info: To add this product into your cart you have to select a product variant on the details page.

Ken,

I used to get this error when required fields were not filled in. I changed the language file to reflect this.

Ken Smith

• Beginner
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2007, 00:47:28 am »
Dubey, thanks for the quick reply, but my problem is that none of the fields are supposed to be required. The only way i can add the product to cart is if all fields are filled in but i want them to be optional.

Ken Smith

• Beginner
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2007, 03:18:43 am »

attributes: Text to Engrave(text)(|)(|);

I've tried using just one attribute, and different attributes but i get the error every time.
Im using the latest stable versions of joomla and virtuemart.

I finally got it to work by entering a space for the default text.

Origional: Text to Engrave(text)(|)(|);

One that works: Text to Engrave(text)(|)( |);
                         Instructions(textarea)(|)( |);

I still get the error if i use the file attribute by itself though.