News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Check out My Site

Started by iamheaddown, August 10, 2006, 20:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamheaddown

Hey VirtueMart Friends,

I have incorporated several hacks with my website, including integrating Adobe Flash with the VirtueMart cart etc.  Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.midwestautogear.com

Thanks goes to Soeren!!  Great job man, keep it up!   ;D

-iamheaddown [Skydiver at Heart!]
Corporate Online Media Developer - Prestwick Group, Inc.

iamheaddown

What a lively bunch!  :o

All these views and no responses??   :o

youngmoneyblog

looks nice!

how did you do the image swapping thing for your products!?

jeffr

I'm new here, but I'll give you a comment.

Your site is extremely slick looking. Nice graphics, nice colors. I think you've got a very attractive integration there.

Adam Bazaroff

Very nice!
How you make a shopping cart with "del" buttons?
/Adam'B ... Poor english mode [ON] ;D

bruno

looks nice!

can you post the instructions for image swapping (HOW TO with javascript and virtuemart hacked file)?

Thanks in advance

gwen

hi iamheaddown,

now you've feedback and you're not here anymore  :)

looks great

how did you link the flash and the cart to obtain

GT Custom Cover
Base Color: Grabber Orange Metallic
GT Color: Grabber Orange Metallic
Inset Color: Grabber Orange Metallic
Rib Color: Grabber Orange Metallic
Center Rib Color:
Total Package Price: (=$199.90)
Gwen ex-dev team member. I used virtuemart to build www.doudouplanet.com a very good experience for me !

iamheaddown

Hey everyone,  :D

Thanks for the replies finally!  I have been waiting so I could share some of my lessons learned.

I will get to the image swapping later today, that was fairly difficult, but to answer the Macromedia Flash question right away given it was so exciting when I figured this one out!

In VirtueMart, when I created a product, I listed several attributes but did not list values for those attributes.

These are the attributes I created for my product, GT Custom Cover, product ID = 136:
Base Color;GT Color;Inset Color;Rib Color;Center Rib Color;Total Package Price

Then, in my Flash movie, the button that is labeled "Add to Cart" has the following actionscript:
on (release) {
        //This creates an object called LoadVars that simply stores all of the attribute variables
        var myVars:LoadVars = new LoadVars();

//Below loads all of the attribute values into LoadVars
//This is the Custom Products ID in VirtueMart, this should be a constant, never changes

myVars.product_id = 136;

//The following variables below such as _root.base_color are variables in Flash that contain
                   info I will send eventually to VirtueMart.  Notice how myVars.Base_Color is the
                   name of the attribute in VirtueMart.  = _root.base_color is the name of the
                   variable in Flash.

myVars.Base_Color = _root.base_color;
myVars.GT_Color = _root.gt_color;
myVars.Inset_Color = _root.inset_color;
myVars.Rib_Color = _root.rib_color;
myVars.Center_Rib_Color = _root.ctr_rib_color;

//The next statement below is naming the exact price you want for your product.
                 The POST method will send Total_Package_Price[=199.90] for the product price
                 for the configuration that gwen referenced in the reply above.               

myVars.Total_Package_Price = "[=" + _root.total_price2 + "]";
myVars.quantity = qty.value;

//The following variables below are variables required by VirtueMart to know what it is
                  doing with the variables being passed to it.

myVars.flypage = "shop.flypage";
myVars.page = "shop.cart";
myVars.manufacturer_id = 1;
myVars.category_id = 1;
myVars.func = "cartAdd";
myVars.option = "com_virtuemart";
myVars.Itemid = 47;
myVars.send("http://www.yourdomainname.com/index.php", "_parent", "POST");
}

And that is it!  Flash will POST the variables to the cartAdd function in VirtueMart and add it to your cart.  Any further questions let me know and I'll step you through it.  Glad to see some interest in this powerful development.  You can do alot with Flash integrating with VirtueMart, the possibilities are endless, customize your products and send them to the shopping cart!  Have fun!

gwen

hi,

this is very good  :D
thanks for sharing

Gwen ex-dev team member. I used virtuemart to build www.doudouplanet.com a very good experience for me !

mushmushi

Proper nice looking site.  Looks professional and highly functional, really nice photos and lots of cool stuff The only minor thing I'd change would be the animated verisign thing because whenever I click on a new product my eyes were drawn away from it by the movement of the verisign animation which seemed to degrade from the impact of looking at a new product. Maybe you could have an unanimated version on certain pages.

Conngrats on a wicked site.  ;)

bruno

bbemis

Really nice site...great job! It looks like there's a problem with the text on the front page though....things seem to be bunching up.

iamheaddown

bbemis,

What browser are you using??  Let me know, I like for my site to be as compatible as possible across all browsers, a real challenge.  I have seen the bunching you are describing in the beta IE 7.

Keep in mind, there is an "Acid2 Test" out there for browsers that has been created by the Web Standards Project.  You can check it out here:

http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/

IE 7 beta is awful on this test.  Does that surprise anyone??  I think the only browser that renders the smiley face correctly is Safari and Opera 9.

Anyways. Cheers!   ;D

macallf

Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

coos

This site really is something special.

A great example of what can be acheived when you put the hours in on the graphics side of things.

IAMHEADDOWN, any chance you could tell us how many hours you spent on all this? It might be inspiration for others looking to create equally stunning sites!  ;)

I LOVE the Flash integration, and the javascript call for image switching is very nice. Any chance of a look at the code?

Kind regards,

Coos