News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Interested in Joining the Dev Team? Read on...

Started by Shibumi, August 09, 2006, 21:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esmark

Hello all. I would like to become part of the VirtueMart Dev Team!
About my skills. Yes I am not necessarily an expert programmer, but you can find my jobs in List ToDo in Multi-Store Environment Project and in Multi-Registration also and estimate my skills.
There was a foundation laid in Virtuemart to manage storeadmins and shopper groups but these features have not comprehensive facilities. So I want to develop Virtuemart in this direction to make its component more functional. I also see possibilities how to do that and paths of problem-solving with multi-vendor payments and multi-vendor shippings.
This is really a great project and it can be developed in separate new direction of Virtuemart. I'll be grateful if this component is become part of Virtuemart in the future.

aravot

I was looking at VirtueMart for a project that I am working on, I saw states of most countries are missing and currencies of some countries, in this regard I have some time in my hand and can contribute by adding stats and currencies.

gregdev

Quote from: aravot on March 01, 2007, 03:10:22 AM
I was looking at VirtueMart for a project that I am working on, I saw states of most countries are missing and currencies of some countries, in this regard I have some time in my hand and can contribute by adding stats and currencies.

Hi aravot!

Great! Please start a topic on the Development Projects board and go ahead with it. You can post your changes and get feedback there. Also, feel free to join our weekly meeting on the irc.

The same goes for anyone wanting to help the project who has specific ideas for projects. Having your own idea helps us a lot.

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
www.plainlycode.com[/td][/tr]
[/table]

notelseit

I would be interested in helping out. Been doing Mambo and Joomla development for 4 years now.

I have realized different hack as the "management fines list", to hide the products to cost 0, and realized of the modules of payment for the Italian banks
Notelseit

turok

Hello Everyone,
I would be interested in helping out as well.
I'm lead developer over at osCandy.com one of our products is SmoothGallery Mambot.
I have a 1.5 years of experience in Joomla, Virtuemart & PHP(all started together, first large project I ever made as on Virtuemart)

I've beens struggling with Tables in Virtuemart and I would love to do something about it. Re-writting everything to go tableless would be my pleasure.

I've written some modifications recently that have not been done, as far as I know. I'll be releasing them when the project is finished.

Ok, bye.
Taras
------------------------------
Web Developer & Computer Consultant
<a href="http://taras.mankovski.com/" target="_blank">taras.mankovski.com</a>

MiHu

If it's not too late, count me in.
I don't have too much time right now, but I will have more after two months.
I would like to start as bug fixer if you don't mind.   ;D

I just want to let u know I am available.

Edgar. R. Koster

Hey everyone. I'll try to join in if you would like that :-)

What I posted to now are things I just think "hey this is handy lets make it" for the site that I'm making now. That store is planned to go live this weekend. Then i'm going set up a test environment (when I figure out what is most used here). I like puzzeling and solving. In fact I'm lucky my hobby is my work too.

I'm currently a software consultant making for a company (german) that develops ITSM software. We have our own developer software but besides that I do javaclasses (sometimes) oracle and mssql. Also all other script languages we come accros usually end on my desk (vb, hta, asp, and on and on).

I'm one that forgets the time (this can be seen in time logs) for I really bite in things when I like it. I'll try to be there in the next meeting! By the way is this as a conference call meeting (sound) or written ("chatting") then I can test my software ready before hand.
I have all my hacks, tweaks, & mods on my site. I'm happy to help you out, even if you want a new one!

thomas_freeman

Hi guys,

I would be interested in helping.  However, I have never worked with SVN and my time is severly limited about 9 months of the year.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]http://www.KustomServices.com   -   Donations[/td][/tr][/table]

Moonkai

Long time listener, first time caller...

I know I just registered here, but I've been a VM fan for quite a while.
I would love to help out in any way I could.

I'm not an expert programmer or anything, but I'm more than willing to learn. Like Jeff said, if it doesn't do something I want, I make it do it. (any way I can)

-- Jake

whattamess

Hi

I'm  new here, and to be honest to all of you, i  just used Vm recently, like 2 weeks ago. I am currently working on a project that uses virtuemart or my boss asked me to used virtuemart. And i am really fascinated with how everything is being done. Since im not a good programmer a new only the basic, perhaps i can suggest of having a group of people as beta testers. I got the idea from a programming related site. For those who want to participate but cannot completely contribute i guess can work as a beta tester. Try out the software, look for bugs, state their opinion and share what can be used to improve the current software. I thought of raising this because i sure want to contribute eventhough i am not and excellent programmer.

more power,
whattamess

Joachim A

Hi,

My name is Joachim and I'm in charge of Human Resources and organizational development  for the Virtuemart Team. We are working on solving the problems we have and we certainly can use your help to accomplish this. We are structuring and staffing  smaller teams for each area. Doors are wide open for participation in Vm teamsfor developers and non developers as well.

What we are looking for:
We are looking for enthusiastic people that:

• Want to make a difference.
  • Are willing to make it happen.
  • Bring positive their points of view and  solutions.
  • Are willing to take responsibility for VM: Vm is a community project and as such its up to all of us what it is and what it becomes.
  • Are willing to get the job done and back their words with action
IMPORTANT:you don't have to be a programmer to join or make a difference. We have many positions from team members to leadership positions available at this moment that do not require programing skillsr.(I myself have not the slightest clue about PHP).

How to join:
If you  are seriously interested in joining the Project :

I will do my best to find a position that is suitable for you.

I'm looking forward to hear from you.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you,
Joachim
Want to make VM even  better?
Joint VM the team

shipra

Hi, I am new to this forum and would like to contribute by sharing information. 

SimonHodgkiss

I've sent my details in, how long does it take to hear back?
Thanks Simon Hodgkiss

Happy to help where I can.

MikeUK

Hi

I'm not involved with this process, but can pass your request on if you don't here anything. Obviously just depends how busy the dev team leaders are.
Get answers faster:
    [li]
Search forum. You might find answer[/li]
[li]Use existing threads. Keep Q + A consolidated[/li]
[li]Troubleshooting? See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=60033.0[/li]
[li]For admin user manual - http://virtuemart.net/documentation/User_Manual/index.html[/li]
[li]For coding (developer manual) - http://virtuemart.net/documentation/Developer_Manual/index.html[/li][/list]

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info