News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

This is for those of you who haven’t integrated PayPal Website Payment Pro yet.

Started by Bingo, April 17, 2006, 02:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngmoneyblog

so far this looks great. I'm looking to install this in the next couple of days. Before I take the time to do this, has anyone had problems yet with the integration? has there been issues with Pay Pal?

Thanks so much for this post!!!

bob2006

Can I get a bit of help?

I have followed all the directions and I still get a blank page when I click the confirm button for PP pro.

ps_pdp.php file

define ('PDP_USERNAME', 'me@me.com');
define ('PDP_PASSWORD', 'XXXXXXXXXX');
define ('PDP_SUBJECT', '');
define ('PDP_CERTIFICATE', '/home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/includes/PEAR/Services/PayPal/cert/live.cert_key_pem.txt');
define ('PDP_MODE', 'LIVE');
define ('PDP_CHECK_CARD_CODE', 'YES');

php.ini

include_path = ".:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/XXXXXXX/public_html/includes/PEAR

Here is some system info:

Safe Mode:  OFF 
Open basedir:  none 
Display Errors:  OFF 
Short Open Tags:  ON 
File Uploads:  ON 
Magic Quotes:  OFF 
Register Globals:  OFF 
Output Buffering:  OFF 
Session save path:  /var/lib/php/session 
Session auto start:  0 
XML enabled:  Yes 
Zlib enabled:  Yes 
Disabled Functions:  none 

Any ideas?

And can someone please explain where to put the files form the "pear" folder, do they go into the website/includes/PEAR folder?
If so do they go like website/includes/PEAR/pear/ files, or website/includes/PEAR and overwrite the PEAR.php file that is there?

This is with Joomla! 1.0.9 and VM 1.0.5

O.K., if no one can help/suggest things to try to fix this, how about a way I can turn on some error reporting?

Thank you, help is appreciated.

bob2006

Well I knw I must be processing to some point, if I change my PDP_CERTIFICATE path I get an error that it cannot be found.

So, if it is getting that far, where can I look to see why all I get it a blank page?

I have the paypal accout setup for IPN, but also I am trying to test this on a different server, using an IP address, can that cause this issue I am having?

Please, any help is appreciated, I can't be the only one who has run into getting a blank page on confirmation (or maybe so)..

Thanks.

osarusan

Hi Bingo,

I've got your system up and running now. Thanks for posting this tutorial. I have 2 questions, though:

1) If I pay with a credit card under a different name, it updates my name as well... so this could be a slight problem for customers. Is there a way to keep the Credit Card info from changing user registration info?

2) It doesn't send the item name to paypal when an order is processed, only the order number. It's not a big problem because you can cross reference the order in paypal with the order in VirtueMart, but it would be very convenient if the PayPal order had the order number and the item name in it.

Is it possible to apply these two ideas?

mizanation

hi everyone,

thanks bingo, this thread should be stickied.

i am having a problem though.  i've been running the paypal module live for a few weeks and everything has been going great EXCEPT:

1) the error messages are huge and ugly.  i saw a thread on fixing this so i will follow the instructions there.
2) american express transactions are not going through.  this is a big problem.  does anyone have a fix for this?

if i can't get these problems fixed, then i will have to switch to another credit card processor.  i don't want to do this because i don't want to go through the whole verification process again.

let's keep this thread going, guys!  i still have faith in paypal.

LongBranchAssociates

Any of you guys got PayPal Pro to work with AMEX? Getting it to work with Visa/MasterCard/Discover is no sweat we have done that several times, including the Beta version way back.  We have never got either v 2.0 or v 4.0 to work with AMEX

We know we are passing the correct data down the pipe [4 digit code for AMEX others have 3 digit code] but just get a message 'Failure in Processing the Payment could not contact Credit Card Payment Agency'
lba-tech.com::VirtueMart eCommerce Online Stores for Small and Medium size businesses

mizanation

Hi LBA,

i did a AMEX transaction through paypal's Virtual Terminal.

it went through fine.

whatever is screwing up AMEX transactions with our Virtuemart Paypal WPP module must be IN the module.

i'm guessing that it must be some kind of small mistake. 

could it be that we are sending the card type with the wrong capitalization?  i have heard that Amex needs to spelled either "AMEX" or "Amex" or it will break.  i forgot which one it is though.

mizanation

This is what I got from one of the support guys on the paypal developer's network.  LBA, can you post what he is talking about so I can send it to him?  I think we can probably fix this:

Hi Miz,

Is there a way you can get the PayPal response for an attempt that used American Express, it should have a 5 digit error code along with a short and long message that can help track down why it is not going through.

One common issue that I've seen is related to the card type:

Visa
MasterCard
Discover
Amex

As you can see the card type for American Express is the abbreviated Amex - if the shopping cart is not passing this abbreviated version then it will not work and I don't think PayPal will respond with an error code but it will result in a soap fault.  If none of the American Express transactions are going through then you might want to have Virtuemart check on this just to make sure.
Message Edited by PayPal_Ahmad on 10-11-2006 05:01 AM

Ahmad
Merchant Tech Support, PayPal

LongBranchAssociates

SOAP stands for 'Simple Object Access Protocol' and is an XML-based protocol that lets applications exchange information over http.  PayPal Pro uses an XML based information exchange process whereas Authorize.net uses older EDI information exchange technology.  PayPal Pro does use more current technology but we have never had any problems with getting Authorize to  work

My partner passed me a bunch of soap output when we had PayPal Pro in test.  I cannot remember where the data was generated.  I will check with him and get back to you ASAP - there were three or four pages for each transaction
lba-tech.com::VirtueMart eCommerce Online Stores for Small and Medium size businesses

mizanation

mizanation

Quote from: sumwatt on May 11, 2006, 17:55:37 PM
To add onto this post -

If you get the path set correctly, you may run into an error that says something to the effect of getAck() is undefined. If this is the case, the problem is that your username, password or certificate is set incorrectly. This error happens because when you create the caller services profile (in the api_init.php file), if this is wrong it kills the chain of includes so that the API call fails prior to the request being sent and with no response, the getAck() function hasn't been defined yet.

One method to get around this (because it is based on PHP4 coding) is to change $response->getAck() to $response->Ack which is a public variable that can be accessed. getAck() returns the API Ack value to var $Ack

sumwatt, i don't get what you're saying.  i'm pretty sure that the username, password and certificate is set correctly on my site.  but i'm still getting the getAck() problem.  i changed it to $response->Ack, BUT, now it looks like it's accepting some transactions which are not valid...

*EDIT*

hey sumwatt, here is a post by the tech guy at paypal dev.

http://paypal.lithium.com/pdn/board/message?board.id=api&message.id=247

go to the bottom where he talks about the getAck() problem.

LongBranchAssociates

We have Visa/MasterCard/Discover all working correctly. AMEX always gives the following error message

'Failure in Processing the Payment could not contact Credit Card Payment Agency'

Has anyone out there got AMEX to work OK???

James Friesen

The initial post in this thread references two downloads. It looks like the PEAR download has been removed by the admin. Where did it come from in the first place?

James Friesen

Hi All,

THanks to all of your input I was able to get my first sandbox WPP transaction to go through!

A couple of lessons learned:
1. The pear download can be found at the url of my previous post

2. I downloaded the pear.zip file. I uploaded to "<joomla root folder>/includes/PEAR" all except the PEAR.php file that already exists there. (wasn't sure about versions so I left the one that comes with Joomla)

3. To add the PEAR path I added: php_value include_path ".:/home/mysite/public_html/joomla/includes/PEAR" to the .htaccess file at the root of the joomla install (before all the SEF stuff). This is an alternative to other methods already mentioned in this thread.

4. If its not obvious, the step where you configure virtuemart new payment method, you have to "SAVE" after entering info into the "General" tab. Then go back in to see the fields in the "Configuration" tab.