News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

We Sell Slush

Started by Sean Goodwin, November 19, 2006, 12:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Goodwin

Yes, I think it's fair to say I liked Andy from the start.

Scopestyle

Looks nice, you might want to remove the image in your bottom left corner:

Sean Goodwin

Gonna change that soon, I'm also working on making the virtuemart login module more flexible. I will be basing this on the flex login module available at www.joomla.org -> extensions. It will allow for horizontal or vertical module, fully customisable. Should only take me a week or so. Keep watching the site for progress.

Ho Vis

I wonder if you are aware of all the validation failures on that site (according to the W3C validator)?

It appears that you are using the "JA Shopping II" template. This actually claims to use valid code, though all the sites I've seen which use it fail validation miserably! Actually, that seems to be true of many sites based on VirtueMart - is there any reason for that, I wonder?

Sean Goodwin

I have noticed that validation fails on a number of pages. I think this is due to the nature of open source. A lot of the core files are hacked and modded by a lot of different people. A good thing for rapid development but not necessarily for a heavily standards based delivery system. Add to that the fact that Mozilla, Microsoft, Netscape et al seem to find it hard to agree on new standards let alone fix the old ones!

I'm happy that a rapidly developing FREE online shopping system works properly with most browsers most of the time and allows us to expand our marketplace for very little investment.