News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

phpShop site made for clients

Started by netready, August 03, 2004, 12:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netready

I am going to build a website for a client using mambo and phpShop. I will set up the website and its content  and create product categories, upload the first batch product photos for them.

After that, client would like to maintain the phpShop by themselves, like adding/editing new category, adding/editing product photos...etc.

That means clients have to login to the mambo backend to do all these.

I feel very uncomfortable in this senario since the whole mambo and phpShop backend are exposed to them. I really. I worry they may accidentally change some setting of mambo or phpShop or ruin the whole site..

Is there any way to let them maintain the phpShop in the front end?

Thanks for any advice.

Chris

Yes I feel the same way and am also searching for a  way around it.. ll keep you posted on my findings.

Soeren

I don't know why you're asking....this is a well known feature of mambo-phpShop...??!!!

1. Go to \"mambo-phpShop\"->\"Admin\"->\"User Manager\" -> Add a \"registered\" user...with no backend rights, but permissions \"storeadmin\".

2. Go to \"mambo-phpShop\"->\"Admin\" -> Configuration. Enable \"Allow Frontend-Administration for non-Backend Users?\". Save

3. The user should see a link \"Administration\" in the fronend mambo-phpShop module.

APPLIES TO mambo-phpShop 1.2

ciao, soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net