Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456064 times)

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
I think I have mentioned several times that this is a standard feature of VM from V1.1

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

excogitation

• Beginner
Yeah, I thought I read it some time ago,

I was just checking the bugtracker and roadmap but couldn't find it.

I also tried the forum search ... thanks - now I know for sure.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
My Demo site,

No where near finished but this site gives an idea of what is possible Mark Callf Photography
The cart is styled by just altering the template system, the js by  adding to the theme.js and some other mods I am working on to integrate gallery2.

Just gives you an idea of what is possible using VM1.1

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Poiter

• Beginner
Hi Mark,

First of all, thank you for the fast reply. And sorry for the late response on my side. I were very busy and didn't had the time to come back. Apologise.

The change of the textarea went great, but only one thing.
I need a limit of characters, customers can type e.g. 25 for each row. I made the cols 20 and the size also 20. Now you can type 25 characters for some products, but for other products you can type only 15 and he skips to the second row.
Also after the 3th row you can type on and on, there's no limit.
How can I solve this?

Second the "check for an empty field"

in shop.cart you will find this line

if ( ($result["attribute_given"] == false && !empty( $result["advanced_attribute_list"] ))
          || ($multiple_products == 1 && ($result["custom_attribute_given"] == false && !empty( $result["custom_attribute_list"] ))) ) {

change this to

if ( $result["attribute_given"] == false && !empty( $result["advanced_attribute_list"]  )) {

This removes the check for an empty field.

I didn't find the line in the shop.cart but find it in ps_cart. In ps_cart I changed the line, but it didn't work. When I  type nothing, the cart won't be updated. Please can you help me again?
This the site; http://www.hacomassen.nl/hacom

Thanks in advance for you're help

Gr. Poiter

Jerker Lundin

• Beginner
Is there a way to multiply one attribute with an other?

I would like my customers to add a measure for heigt and a measure for width and then have this calculated as quantity.

eg 10 millimtre X 10 millimetre = quantity 100 squaremillimtre.

I would be grateful for a reply if it´s possible and if that´s the case some guidings in how and where I can change code to make this work.

I have spent the last month trying to figure this out and now I don´t know how to solve this problem.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Poiter,

that mod to ps_cart (sorry that is the correct file) should work! It removes the test to see if the custom attrib field has been filled in.

the other I'll look into.

Jerker Lundin

Attribs can not be multiplied together without using some js to update the quantity field. This is a specific requirement and not something I can include in this mod for general release.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Jerker Lundin

• Beginner
OK!

Thank you for your reply!

I understand that you can´t do this as a request. And there is no problems with that. I hope that asking for help is not a problem either.

Regarding to your reply Macallf I asume that it can be done. Is that correct? And can you point out what file to imlement the JS code or if it must be in a separate file?

I am as I said before grateful for any help and it is indeed much more satisfying to "fix" things like this by myself, but sometimes it will not work and there is no light at the end of the tunnel  ;)

John - Australia

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1
« Reply #427 on: March 25, 2007, 08:15:19 am »
Hi
Many thanks - I deleted
$is_parent = $this->parent_has_children( $prod_id );
      if( !$is_parent )

in ps_product.php (about line 2467) and this restored it.
seems to work fine

saffrongeek

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1
« Reply #428 on: March 27, 2007, 07:47:05 am »
Hi,

Wishes to all here.

I am looking how to make this as shown in this link.... a new bie .. Hope experts here would be patient enough if i missed to read any thread.

http://www.minkblanketsrus.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,flypage/product_id,78/category_id,/manufacturer_id,/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,26/

With regards and thanking in advance
Saffron

excogitation

• Beginner
If you could specify what exactly you're trying to figure out
someone might be able to help you.
Hi,

Wishes to all here.

I am looking how to make this as shown in this link.... a new bie .. Hope experts here would be patient enough if i missed to read any thread.

http://www.minkblanketsrus.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,flypage/product_id,78/category_id,/manufacturer_id,/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,26/

With regards and thanking in advance
Saffron

Kenneth Chin

• Beginner
Hello,

i just installed the following updates to the most recent ecommerce version of virtuemart (vm 1.0.10, joomla 1.0.12):

ChiList 1.0.10 and Chillist 1.0.10-1.

i am not able to see lists for products, i still see drop-down box

am i doing something wrong?

are the code modifications indicated on page 1 of this post require3d to be made or are they included in Chillist 1.0.10 and 1.0.10-1?

thanking all in advance for any assistance

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
each product has to be changed to enable lists, it doesn't just replace the dropdown.

When you edit a product you will have a new second tab, display options. Here you specify the child list display type. Without changing anything, you get a dropdown; select one add to cart and you have one add to cart for all child products;multiple add to cart, you have an add to cart for each child product.

Please be aware, this only affects child products not attributes, that is something completely different.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Attached is a mod for Suzan Marie Chin but others may find it useful.

This mod to my mod will show child products on your browse page but not the parent.

Three files are modified

extract the included file to your-site/administrator/components/com_virtuemart

it will ask to overwrite files in the classes and html subdirectory.

The browse_query file is altered to select all products including children apart from specified ids
The shop.browse file is altered to return a list of product ids with children (These are the parent ids to be excluded from the query above)
and last ps_product has a new function to find the parent ids in the current category.

I haven't fully tested it in all situations but it does work with the test data.

Mark

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Lev

SOS!

I have a localhost install of the latest Joomla_e-commerce pack (Joomla 1.0.12 + VM 1.0.10).

I am looking for a way of replacing child drop-down box with explicit child list display.

I have downloaded the child_list1010-1 set and replaced every respective file in the install with the files contained in child_list1010-1.

Now I am trying to add a product with a set of child products to see if they will display correctly.

Here's where the trouble starts. I select a product from the product list and try to create a child product by clicking the New icon. The Add a Product form opens - but on top it says,

Warning: Illegal offset type in \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product.php on line 1256

Warning: Illegal offset type in \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product.php on line 1281

Warning: Illegal offset type in \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product.php on line 1284

I have seen a similar complaint on Page 18 of this forum - however, I could not figure out how this issue was solved.

If I ignore the warning and proceed with the product creation, the moment I save the child product I get the following message: ERROR: A product ID is missing.

I have also downloaded child_on_browse-1 - but did not load it as it uses its own version of ps_product.php file which I have already changed.

I am totally confused. What am I doing wrong?

Urgent help needed!

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
The parent product must have an attribute added and you must be on the parent products edit screen to create children.

i.e. open product, add attribute, save attribute, go back to main product - must be on edit screen, select new item icon. This will create child product.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs