Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456461 times)

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.9) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #390 on: February 24, 2007, 14:02:16 pm »
The only thing I can offer is that it hasn't installed correctly.

The files in the zip contain several updated files to be placed in classes, one of these is ps_product_attribute.php, has the necessary function. If it hasn't been updated then it won't work.

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Darren Blade

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.9) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #391 on: February 24, 2007, 15:02:21 pm »
Thanks mark.

Third time lucky!

Not sure why it did not take the first times...gremlins perhaps!

Plavanie.com

• SWIMMING ONLINE
    • SWIMMING ONLINE
« Reply #392 on: February 24, 2007, 17:44:14 pm »
Hi, I have a problem...

After I uploaded the files I still see dropdown list instead of the table with child products... I am sure that I updated all the files, there may be no problem in it.

I am a bit confused to see in shop.product_details.php

if($ps_product_attribute->get_product_attribute($parent_check_id,"product_list") != "YM")
        $html = $ps_product_attribute->list_attribute($product_id,$list);
    else   
        $html = $ps_product_attribute->list_attribute_list_multiple($product_id);

I thought the reason could be using list_attribute instead of list_attribute_list, and making the change really led to seeing the table instead of the dropdown box, but this table had nothing to do with the screenshots you uploaded... No buttons Add to Cart near each row, many other problems...

You may find the result with changes here: http://plavanie.com/component/page,shop.product_details/category_id,68/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,5187/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,89/

Please help
Sincerely,
SWIMMING ONLINE
http://www.Plavanie.com

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #393 on: February 24, 2007, 18:07:28 pm »
That line is actually correct and the following.

I take it you went into the product and altered the options on the new second tab. Where you set all your options.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Plavanie.com

• SWIMMING ONLINE
    • SWIMMING ONLINE
« Reply #394 on: February 24, 2007, 18:16:52 pm »
I have finally found the problem.

In my case IF condition never worked and when I put identical conditions in both IF and ELSE it started working.

Why so? Maybe because I am using a language different from english?

Another problem is that price is shown twice in the table: strikenthrough and normal, though I do not have any discounts...
Sincerely,
SWIMMING ONLINE

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #395 on: February 24, 2007, 18:23:11 pm »
I have finally found the problem.

In my case IF condition never worked and when I put identical conditions in both IF and ELSE it started working.

Why so? Maybe because I am using a language different from english?

Another problem is that price is shown twice in the table: strikenthrough and normal, though I do not have any discounts...

I keep forgetting to put the changes back in for that!

Check this thread it tells you how to alter the file to get it to display correctly.

http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=15697.msg67352#msg67352

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Plavanie.com

• SWIMMING ONLINE
    • SWIMMING ONLINE
« Reply #396 on: February 24, 2007, 18:33:56 pm »
Thanks! now it works correctly.

The only strange thing that remains is why IF did not work and I had to put the same thing in both clauses
Sincerely,
SWIMMING ONLINE

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #397 on: February 24, 2007, 18:44:25 pm »
Thanks! now it works correctly.

The only strange thing that remains is why IF did not work and I had to put the same thing in both clauses

Did you set products up in admin section?

If you haven't it will still display drop down hence the reason the if statements are incorrect!

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

mikegeo

• Beginner
Hi Mark,

This is almost working for me....How can I place the attribute list on the category page with each category picture and make the attribute name in the list link to the flypage for each product.  I have entered each product and also added them to the attribute list of a subcategory of sorts.

Thanks for this mod, a donation will be in order when I get this site completed.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #399 on: February 27, 2007, 10:16:27 am »
Hi Mark,

This is almost working for me....How can I place the attribute list on the category page with each category picture and make the attribute name in the list link to the flypage for each product.  I have entered each product and also added them to the attribute list of a subcategory of sorts.

Thanks for this mod, a donation will be in order when I get this site completed.

I must have my stupid head on this morning, I don't quite get what you're trying to do.

If you try explaining in more detail. Or provide a mock up image, then I'll take another look.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Hi Again,

Another update this time for 1.0.10

Same instructions as usual

Mark

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Joe Smith

• Beginner
I've looked though this massive thread, and I cant find what I am looking for....so here I am humbly asking:

On my product page, when it is first opened, the quantity boxes all have a quantity of 1 by default.  I would like them to say 0.  Next, I would like a user to be able to add quantities for all different items, then hit "add to cart" and have ALL of the items on that page with a quantity of 1 or more added to a cart.

I thought maybe a mod with the name "store wide quantity mod" would do the trick.....but it doesnt seem to for me.

If it is suppose to or if someone could tell me where to change code to do any or all of this...please post those changes for me!

Thanks SO much!!!!

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
If you are using child products and a single addtocart button thenthe default quantity will be 0 and any items with a quantity gretaer than 0 will be added to the cart. This only happens if you have child products. It does not work on the browse page only the detail page.

This is not for advanced or custom attributes that is something else.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Loiret

• Beginner
MOD: Child list instead of drop down
« Reply #403 on: March 08, 2007, 12:26:54 pm »
I apologize my English is not good, and sometimes I have difficulty in understanding. I installed the patch for VM 1.09 and I use joomla 1.0.12.
But when, I wanted to change the code, I do not  find: [
Code: [Select]
function list_attribute($product_id). I found :
function list_attribute($product_id, $param = false) {
        if ($param) {
            return $this->list_attribute_list($product_id); }
        else {
            return $this->list_attribute_drop($product_id);

So,  do you think that the code was already changed?

Furthermore, in shop.product_details, the code does not correspond to the indicated lines:

line 299
else {
        $product_image = "<a href=\"$imageurl\" target=\"_blank\">".
line 305
/* MORE IMAGES ??? */ I found things which looked like but as I am not very bright, I do not prefer to touch it.
What is the problem in your opinion? Where  I made a mistake? By thanking you in advance
Mélodie

Lain_

Well after many weeks of playing with this mod in a local backup copy of my friends site and for some odd reason I cant fathom all the prices are slash through like the item is on sale...only its not.  :-\

Also, one other thing that I recently found out. When I try to use any drop down menu custom attributes on the site it will not let me use any currency red[+3.00] features?

I really need to be able to use currency on the drop down color options. Is this something wrong, or is that how the new mod works? Also can it be made to only display one drop box option that the other options "inherit" by defualt....if not I hope this featur exists as it would be exactly what I need.

My friends site is here....www.tagshirts.com
...........Of all the places I have ever been, Earth has the best popcorn.