Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456091 times)

thomas_freeman

• Contributing Developer
    • Kustom Services
Thanks Mark! 

I'm kind of in a hard place.  My client needs to use paypal, so I've been working to upgrade them to 1.0.8 (I understand the PayPal is corrected in it).  I've become very intimate with Winmerge as I have been moving your mod up to 1.0.8.  I have it working right now at the minute, but I'm always afraid I might have missed something. :)

Can I make a recommendation.  As you incorporate it into 1.0.9 could you add some comments to show exactly where your mod begins and ends?  This would make it easier if there are any more intermediary versions to 1.1

I will keep watch out for when you have it updated for 1.0.9 and I'll try to hold my clients off until then.

Thanks again for all your work.  You do a great job.

Thomas

hobartimus

• Catch Light Productions
I've used this mod on a couple of sites and it is working great. However, I have a new site that needs a slightly different function. I need for the parent product to have a price and the child prices to be added to the parent price. Is this possible or is my only choice to use a normal product attribute list? The reason I would like to do it with childs is so that I can have a base price and then a list so the customer can simply check the items to add.
Howard Theriot
www.catchlight.com

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
I've used this mod on a couple of sites and it is working great. However, I have a new site that needs a slightly different function. I need for the parent product to have a price and the child prices to be added to the parent price. Is this possible or is my only choice to use a normal product attribute list? The reason I would like to do it with childs is so that I can have a base price and then a list so the customer can simply check the items to add.

That would be a major change. But it can be done with the child mod as it is at the moment.

Set the base product without a quantity box, the following children to be set with a check box. That way the first child would always be selected and the purchaser would then check the extra items to add.

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

hobartimus

So, the parent product is actually the first item in the child list? I suppose that would work. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Howard Theriot
www.catchlight.com

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Hi All

included is the update to use with VM 1.0.9. As usual just extract the files and copy the directories to your-site/administrator/components/com_virtuemart

Any problems please post.

I have tested this with VM 1.0.9 and Joomla 1.0.12

Mark

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

dustundag

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (
« Reply #350 on: January 22, 2007, 04:11:00 am »
Mark,
Is it possible that a new parent can be build based on the already existing childs with  part numbers (link) similar to assembly? 
Thanks

strats

• Beginner
« Reply #351 on: January 22, 2007, 10:30:41 am »
To get rid of the red prices just comment the following lines at your administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product_attribute.php

// $html .= "<span style=\"color:red;\">\n<strike>";
// $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($price["product_price"])."</strike></span>&nbsp;";

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #352 on: January 22, 2007, 12:34:26 pm »
To get rid of the red prices just comment the following lines at your administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product_attribute.php

// $html .= "<span style=\"color:red;\">\n<strike>";
// $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($price["product_price"])."</strike></span>&nbsp;";

Forgot about that

For a more elegant solution

n ps_product_attributes.php

search for this code, it appears twice in the file :

$html .= "<td width=\"10%\"align='right'>";
                    $html .= "<span style=\"color:red;\">\n<strike>";
                    $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($price["product_price"])."</strike></span>&nbsp;";
                    $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($actual_price["product_price"]);
                    $html .= "</td>";

replace with this

$html .= "<td width=\"10%\"align='right'>";
                    if($price['product_price'] != $actual_price['product_price']) {
                        $html .= "<span style=\"color:red;\">\n<strike>";
                        $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($price["product_price"])."</span></strike>&nbsp;";
                        $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($actual_price["product_price"])."&nbsp;";
                    }
                    else {
                        $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($price["product_price"])."&nbsp;";
                    }

It checks for a discounted price, if there isn't any it just displays the price.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

hobartimus

« Reply #353 on: January 22, 2007, 21:58:27 pm »

That would be a major change. But it can be done with the child mod as it is at the moment.

Set the base product without a quantity box, the following children to be set with a check box. That way the first child would always be selected and the purchaser would then check the extra items to add.

Mark

This doesn't seem to be working. Items I set to "Hide Quantity Box" show a reglular quantity box on the the frontend.
Howard Theriot
www.catchlight.com

hobartimus

How would I go about controlling the sort order of the child list? Is it possible?
Howard Theriot
www.catchlight.com

Plavanie.com

• SWIMMING ONLINE
    • SWIMMING ONLINE
« Reply #355 on: January 28, 2007, 08:24:49 am »
I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_product_attribute() in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.product_details.php on line 349

after extracting the file for VM 1.0.9....

Do I need to make any changes manually after extracting the file or just extracting should be enough?
Sincerely,
SWIMMING ONLINE
http://www.Plavanie.com

maddunr

« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2007, 23:39:40 pm »
Quick question..

Is there any documentation on adding columns to the child item list? For example, I would like to show the short description of the item (whenever it is there) along with the item name and attribute value.

Thanks in advance,
-V

Esther Oriol

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.9) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #357 on: February 09, 2007, 20:52:34 pm »
Hi all!

first post here. I've installed this hack and I have to say it's just the modification I needed for finishing my on line shop.

Nevertheless, I've found a a small bug... OK, it's not a bug... I'm going to explain my self....

When editing the options of the product at the "Display Options Label", at Drop Down Box Values section, I set the step value at 0... yes, I now, it seems impossible, but I'm not English native speaker and this things happen...

So, this caused a infinite curl that led my web server to a total hang.. May be a solution could be set this section as a dropdown box with a preset values, don't now!...
I've found what was the problem a day after causing it, and thought was interesting share with you...

Cheers!

esther (from Barcelona)

JJRO

This mod is all buggered up.

1. Always adds (1) of everything on the page to the cart
2. Always overwrites anything already in the cart
3. Error when trying to link from the cart content to the product page

Is there another release of this? Or another way to do it?

TIA

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.9) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2007, 01:05:32 am »
This mod is all buggered up.

1. Always adds (1) of everything on the page to the cart
2. Always overwrites anything already in the cart
3. Error when trying to link from the cart content to the product page

Is there another release of this? Or another way to do it?

TIA

1. If you have one add to cart button per page, the default quantity for each item is zero. Every item above 0 is added to the cart. The product page reflects the number of items already in the cart. Reason: if the default was one, for each time the addtocart button is pressed every item would be added to the cart once, forcing the user to set the items not required to 0.
2. As the product page reflects the number of items already in the cart any change to the quantity will overwrite, rather than adding.(The cart button is actually called update cart rather than add to cart!).
If you use one add to cart button per product, then this changes to add to cart because you are selectively adding to the cart and each press will update the cart by one extra product.
3. I have tested this thouroughly with VM 1.0.9 and Jommal 1.0.12 and have no problems linking from the cart to the product pages.

So this mod is not all buggered up it's just your insight into how you want it to work that isn't satisfied. As for another way to do it, I'm the only one who as ever released a mod such as this and have updated and supported it since it's first incarnation to with with VM 1.0.5. Perhaps if you asked why it works the way it does rather than assume it's buggered up you may have got a nicer reply.

I'm sure the 277 people who downloaded the version for 1.0.7 and the 89 who have downloaded the latest version for 1.0.9 would have posted if it wasn't working correctly.

Mark

Mark
Mark Callf Designs