Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456458 times)

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (
« Reply #255 on: November 23, 2006, 11:52:33 am »
I have upgraded to VM1.0.7 and installed the childlist mod 107-2. Everything seems to be fine now
One minor point
In Line 64 of the language file, there is a spelling error. It says upadte, instead of update.

Superb mod

If you knew How Late I work on this, I hope you'll forgive a small spelling mistake  :)

Glad it's working for you know

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

John - Australia

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.7) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #256 on: November 23, 2006, 12:14:40 pm »
Hi
I felt so bad about pointing it out, I thought about it for 3 days - it seemed petty.
Thanks for all your help

Davec

Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.7) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2006, 13:24:34 pm »
Got Virtuemart up and running. but when I go into add a child product I get this  message.

Warning: Illegal offset type which is in com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product.php on line 1256 also on lines : 1281 1284

I am running 1.0.10 stable version of Joomla with 1.07 Virtuemart

any ideas?

Dave

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2006, 14:07:50 pm »
VM 1.0.7 was brought out to coincide with Joomla 1.0.11.

I'd update joomla. This mod does not alter the ps_product.php file at these lines.

I'ts an incompatability issue with 1.0.7 and J! 1.0.10

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Davec

« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2006, 15:12:45 pm »
Thanks for that Mark. Upgraded as suggested put still getting the same error. I will now look at Joomla forums to see if a solution is there.

Dave  ???

Davec

« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2006, 18:00:19 pm »
Well I looked at the lines of code the product_id had the $ in front of it so it looked like the code below. I removed the $ and added ' at each end and the problem seems to have gone. I am no expert by any stretch and wondered if this had implications for the Virtuemart component!

if( empty( $_SESSION['product_sess'][$product_id]['flypage'] )) { WAS THIS now

if( empty( $_SESSION['product_sess']['product_id']['flypage'] )) {

Dave   :-\

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2006, 18:20:58 pm »
No that's a session variable and that is fine, I'll double check my code, but I didn't think I did anything there.

So many modifications you sometimes get lost with all the code you change.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

nhcompi

• Beginner
« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2006, 19:13:38 pm »
Hi macallf!

Can I use this mod as a PC-Configurator? If yes, how?

Thanks!

Nico

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2006, 19:34:28 pm »
Maybe!

how, I don't have the time at present to explain how it could be used.

It involves product_types and a lot of coding.

Not a quick question to answer and would probably start a whole new thread.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Davec

« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2006, 22:40:30 pm »
Well finally getting there but now have the price displaying twice, once in black and once in red. I have not discounted the price as you will see from screen shot attachment. Also  need to get the child products to display small medium large etc which it isn't doing at the moment, any suggestions?

Dave  ???

[attachment cleanup by admin]

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2006, 23:12:01 pm »
This post explains how to change the striked out price, it checks if the prices are the same. If the're not it strikes out if they are it displays one.

http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=15697.msg60183#msg60183

The second, How are you specifying the size? The same as the colour?

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Davec

« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2006, 09:13:07 am »
Thanks for that Mark. I have also gone about the second query a different way using attributes and it has solved the problem.

Dave  :)

mog

• ione - world's finest input devices
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2006, 12:00:37 pm »
Hi, I need to bother you again Mark, I stil didn't manage to get more than one price shown in the childlist. This shouldn't be too difficult, but I just can't figure it out :(

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2006, 12:37:19 pm »
Hi, I need to bother you again Mark, I stil didn't manage to get more than one price shown in the childlist. This shouldn't be too difficult, but I just can't figure it out :(

In ps_product.php locate the function show_price, somewhere near the end of the function is the routine to show multiple prices.

You would have to use this in ps_product_attribute.php for the routines that I have created. list_attribute_list and list_attribute_list_multiple. In these routines the price routine is commented. You would have to add the correct code here to show the price breaks.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

mog

• ione - world's finest input devices
« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2006, 12:39:42 pm »
Thanks a lot Mark, I'll try this!