Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456085 times)

yorjaus666

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2006, 12:12:20 pm »
This function seems to do the trick but maybe this is a stupid question but:
Where do I start whith this hack. Do I have to start from the beginning and work through everything or is there somewhere all is put together? Would be nice to get this function without going though 17 pages of replyes!

/Mr T

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2006, 12:46:00 pm »
The latest full mod is here

Childlist 1.0.7

There is also a link on the first page to it.

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

MartijnBoeve

• Beginner
for a clothing store I'm looking for a way to set up different stock for different sizes, I think this is a good one, I downloaded the package, but my problem is that I already made changes to the different files, so I can't just overwrite the files...

Do you have a list or something of the pieces in the files you changed? If not, i'll figure it out, but if you do it would save me a lot of time ;)

gr. Martijn

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.7) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2006, 15:25:12 pm »
There are so many alterations it would be impossible to list them all.

Either use something like winmerge or a program that can make diff files.

I use winmerge to compare updated files for VM and alter my mods with any new features/fixes etc.

Mark

Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

yorjaus666

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.7) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2006, 15:40:30 pm »
Will it work with the latest release of Joomla 1.0.11 with VM 1.07 or dows it only work with the stand alone VM 1.07 release?

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2006, 15:51:03 pm »
The ecommerce release of VM is just joomla 1.0.11 with vm 1.0.7 preconfigured. The files are all still the same. It's just a convenient way of packaging them together. So in short 1.0.7 is the same as the ecommerce 1.0.7 edition.

So it will work.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Scaramouche

• Beginner
Greetings, Mark. Prompt how to make, please, updating in a basket one button for all goods. I am sorry for my English.

strats

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (
« Reply #247 on: November 19, 2006, 21:58:52 pm »
I have read all posts of this topic as I was interested on making a cd store that besides selling cds, they also sell mp3. Many thanks to Mark and all you guys for your contribution to this mod. It's highly appreciated.

John - Australia

• Beginner
« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2006, 00:13:45 am »
Is it possible to set the default for the standatd qty box to 1 instead of 0

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2006, 00:42:53 am »
They are set to 1, except for the multi addtocart. i.e. one addtocart button for several products. Otherwise your customers would have to deselect the products that they do not want, instead of selecting the products that they want.

Or do you want to make it difficult for your customers?

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

John - Australia

• Beginner
« Reply #250 on: November 20, 2006, 01:01:35 am »
Hi
I use one add to cart for each product/child.
The feedback we are getting is that when a customer presses add to cart, nothing happens as they have not entered a qty when they expected to have ordered one.
I can work around this by using a drop down qty range

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #251 on: November 20, 2006, 01:52:23 am »
which version are you using? 1.0.7 will automatically set the min qty to 1 for an addtocart for each child.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

John - Australia

• Beginner
« Reply #252 on: November 20, 2006, 03:50:41 am »
Version 1.0.5
Thanks

which version are you using? 1.0.7 will automatically set the min qty to 1 for an addtocart for each child.

Mark

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #253 on: November 20, 2006, 12:57:30 pm »
The Mod for V1.0.5 does not have the drop down quantity range!, My Mod for V1.0.6 was the first to have this!

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

John - Australia

• Beginner
« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2006, 03:40:19 am »
I have upgraded to VM1.0.7 and installed the childlist mod 107-2. Everything seems to be fine now
One minor point
In Line 64 of the language file, there is a spelling error. It says upadte, instead of update.

Superb mod