Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456062 times)

Davec

Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6) + store wide quantity mod
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2006, 17:51:33 pm »
So the product type is T-Shirt hoodie etc? Thanks for all your help with this.  :)

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2006, 17:56:23 pm »
yeah, apart from where I've said product_type change that to attribute!!

Head still not in gear

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Davec

Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6) + store wide quantity mod
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2006, 18:07:14 pm »
My head must be in neutral then hahaha.......

Davec

« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2006, 19:50:46 pm »
Well seem to have got my head around that! Now have a second little problem. Products sort order. If you at the attachment you can see what I mean. I have Small, Medium, Large in white then it goes Small Black then Extra Large white. I would like to be able to keep colours and sizes in order. Is it possible?

Dave  ;D

[attachment cleanup by admin]

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2006, 20:36:48 pm »
It's normally ordered by product_id, so the list comes out in the order they were added. They could be ordered in a different fashion, say by product_sku - but you would have to assign the sku correctly e.g. design1-tshirt-white-0 where 0 would be for small 1 for medium etc.

If thats what you want I'll post the modification you need to make
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Davec

« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2006, 09:01:53 am »
Thanks for the reply. Odd as it may seem the Extra Large in white was the last product to be added but as you can see it is not the last on the list. I will have a thought and a chat with my client as it is quite clear to me that the list will be very long in it's current format with the various types of top and sizes.

Dave  :)

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2006, 00:54:49 am »
Hi All another update

this one adds an extra variable to the global configuration screen (see screenshot)

After you have over-written the files, go into the admin configuration screen. You will see an error message but this is because the variable has yet to be defined. Save the configuration to define the variable and then you can either set or unset the variable.

This just asks if you want the user to go to the cart when they addtocart - default action or selected - user stays on the page they are on when you press addtocart.

Mark

Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Davec

« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2006, 12:43:24 pm »
Right this is ideally what my customer is looking for! As per the site below. But where is says Men's Sizes it would say Tee Shirt. So I would have one table with Teeshirts then another with Long Sleeve Tee's then another would say Hooded Tops for instance. The colours as per the site would be on the left with multiple quantity boxes so the customer can add the quantities. This would allow the cutomer to order the required quantities and colours for each design. Hope this makes sense  :P

It appears they have the add to cart form repeated twice. I would possibly need it 6 times for some products.

http://www.planett.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3370&category_id=99&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=1

Dave

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2006, 12:58:44 pm »
Looks nice davec,

but would require a lot of modification to the mod to achieve an output like that.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Davec

« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2006, 13:14:14 pm »
So is are you or anyone else able to take it on? This is so much what I am looking for!!!  ???

Dave

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2006, 13:19:22 pm »
I could take it on.

But paid work comes first!

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Davec

« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2006, 13:23:18 pm »
Ok, well wasn't expecting this for free but would be very happy if you could provide me with a price and timescale so I may then speak with my client.

Dave  :)

Davec

« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2006, 15:24:49 pm »
Mark this is the look I require couldn't add an image in the messages

Dave

rub3licious

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6)
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2006, 14:24:42 pm »
Hey Again Mark,

I have tried to do this request stock modification on my own in my own way now. I try to use the existing shop.waiting_list.php, shop.waiting_thanks.php and zw_waiting_list.php to achieve this by writing a notifyAdmin function and calling it when a user clicks on the Notify Me! Button, however I'm not winning although I feel like i'm so close to getting it done.

I would appreciate it if you could take a gander at what I've done and see if perhaps I've missed the plot somewhere.

Here is a link to the modified files:

http://www.productionkit.co.za/ruby/stockRequest.zip

Note my function in zw_waiting_list.php starting at line 209. The real issue is I guess where and how should I call it, I think that's what I'm strugling with, assuming there isn't mistakes in the code itself.

Tar Muchly!
Rube
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2006, 14:30:39 pm »
Hi Ruby

have you looked at my latest update. This uses a multiple notify routine altering the files toy are dealing with.

This may give you more idea

Mark.

(ps i dont which childlist mod youre using, there was a big update that handles multiple outofstock requests at once the changes are in ps_cart, shop.waiting_list and zm_waiting_list)
Mark
Mark Callf Designs