News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

POLL: product specific payment methods

Started by deneb, February 16, 2006, 06:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should VirtueMart have payment methods assigned to products?

Yes! I can't model my store correctly with the current features.
11 (73.3%)
This would be nice to have, but not crucial.
3 (20%)
Maybe? I'm not sure.
0 (0%)
No, I use one or more payment methods for all the products.
1 (6.7%)
No, I use the shop as a catalogue.
0 (0%)
Heck No! That would be too much work.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

deneb

I have come accross many situations where I needed to assign specific payment methods to different products. Sometimes it is difficult to use the existing payment methods for all products in the shop.

Please feel free to list/discuss examples of situations where this is an issue for you.

Oh yeah, and also provide any ideas as how to implement this, if possible.  ;D

N6REJ

as it stands the "manufacturer" feature of VM is mostly unused.  It could be used in such a way that ( like with the file manager ) if a manufacturer has a specific shipping type associated with it, then that would be used.  If not then a "default" shipping would be used.
Troy
http://www.treeturner.com
Beauty by Design

strats

Yes, in certain situations it is going to be very useful. For example:

A CD store sells CDs and MP3s. CDs (full pack cost $15 and one single MP3 cost $1. In this case, store owner would like to disable the paypal option for MP3s because the paypal commission is 3,5% + 0,35$ so in other words, store owner, for a $1 transaction, will pay to paypal more than 35% commission.

akamaramaka

I use Paypal and Moneybookers payment methods. I want to sell hunting knives in my shop. It is ok with Paypal, but is a "No-No" with Moneybookers. Theoretically, I can announce that any orders with these knives will be denied or must be processed by Paypal only. Some customers can listen. But if my competitors figure this out and make a payment with Moneybooker, my account can be blocked (which is not a great news at all).  It would be great to be able to set the specific payment method to specific items.
As to the implementation issue, I have no clue how to do it.