News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Fedex Labels

Started by holsum, February 08, 2006, 03:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holsum

I know there is a Fedex Module out there but I am wondering what it would take to add the Automatic fedex lables to the admin.  The same way that Oscommerce uses it in their component.  If anyone is heading up a project like this I would like to see if I could be of assistance.  If no one is building such a module I would like to know how I could organize a core group to help in the development.

If any one is interested please e-mail me: lary@holsumstudios.com

Thanks,
-Holsum

rightminddesigns

holsum, the FedEx module is not actually working just yet (that I know of), but if you could help us get it moving again I am willing to help in whatever way I can.

Me and another user have asked for help without response, so maybe you could help us out getting to the next level in exchange for whatever we can do to help you with your label printing? I can't write code from scratch, but I am pretty good at extrapolating existing code for new uses.

Take a look at this thread here to see what is going on: http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=71&topic=15091.0

Hope we can help each other out! ;D

Jeremy - CodeDonors.com

I just wanted to let the folks here know that I have a full service FedEx module available that offers rates, labels, tracking and address validation. I've installed it on a number of high profile & high traffic websites and it is working great for our customers. We do the installation and configuration so you don't have to worry about it.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in streamlining your shipping process from start to finish.

Jeremy
jmcdonald.codedonors - Skype
Been doing this for a long time and still having fun :-)

PHP, Javascript, CSS, Bash, Perl and Python

FYI...WebHostManager (WHM) offers free SSL for all sites on the server via Sectigo and you can turn it on in under 5 minutes.

johnstep

Wow!!!  Sounds like the perfect module. Please tell us more!

Jeremy - CodeDonors.com

The module has been in around for over a year, and was originally developed for CubeCart. I recently ported it over to VM. There's a full description of it on my website CodeDonors.com.

Our clients used to spend tons of timing writing out labels or typing the information into FedEx.com. Now all they have to do is open the order and click a button. We have a few customers using it right now to ship over 1000 packages per month.

It provides the order's tracking information from pickup to delivery in the orders screen. It also has the option to let the customer validate their address when they register, when they add a shipping address and when they update their profile. This cuts down on costly delivery exceptions.

And of course rates. All of this is done using FedEx Web Services.
Been doing this for a long time and still having fun :-)

PHP, Javascript, CSS, Bash, Perl and Python

FYI...WebHostManager (WHM) offers free SSL for all sites on the server via Sectigo and you can turn it on in under 5 minutes.

amanwas

USE www.quickonlineship.com to generate fedex label from any shopping cart.