HELP PLEASE! 2Checkout (TCO) New Encryption Algorithm SHA3 & SHA256

Started by arturmuse200, February 23, 2024, 21:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arturmuse200

Dear guys,

2Checkout was send mass emails to users, that they are going to Transition to a New Encryption Algorithm SHA3 and SHA256 on May 15, 2024.

Information of 2checkout:
"After May 15, 2024, MD5 will no longer be supported, and failure to perform the updates on your side could lead to disruptions in your checkout flows and other integrations."  (Bellow, I will attach a screenshot of their email. )

They provided different shopping cart plugins instruction like: Drupal, Magento, OpenCart, PrestaShop and so on, but there are not information about Virtuemart (TCO) plugin instruction. They updated most of shopping cart plugins about 2 weeks ago, but they not updated Virtuemart [2chackout plugin].

I'm now using TCO Plugin in my two website:
1th website based on Joomla version: 2.5.27 and VM version: 2.0.20b
2th website based on Joomla version: 3.9.24 and VM version: 3.6.10 10211

My Question:
Will this update affect to the TCO Plugin to accept payments ? If yes, are there any way or maybe someone can help to solve this problem ? I think that the solution to this problem will be useful to many TCO Plugin users to avoid any errors after 15th May, 2024.

Bellow I will attach some important links and information, maybe this help you to find some solition.

Here 2checkout official plugin for virtuemart on GitHub:
2Checkout Plugin For VM 3.x.x:
2Checkout Plugin For VM 2.x.x

2Checkout Migration info:
Shopping cart integration upgrade to the SHA algorithm
Migration guide from MD5 to SHA2/SHA3

Here the screenshot of their email (some confidential information is hidden):

Thanks everyone in advance!