News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Fix add to cart problem with upgrade

Started by petershaw54, February 06, 2024, 02:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petershaw54

Hi, I need someone to solve a problem with our new update to  Joomla 4 and Virtuemart with OPC. Our current but outdated site works well.
We have been unable to get VM to pass an item from the cart to OPC. This works fine in our end-of-life (VM3, J3) live site at brisart.org.

All information below relates to our VM4, J4 development site at devnew.brisart.org
We do not host the site ourselves so we cannot control the speed of the server for our development site.
PHP version is 8.1.26 - System Information below:

Setting     Value
PHP Built On     Linux au01.hostingbay.net 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.38.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jun 18 05:28:41 EDT 2020 x86_64
Database Type     mysql
Database Version     5.7.44-cll-lve
Database Collation     latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation     utf8mb4_general_ci
Database Connection Encryption     None
Database Server Supports Connection Encryption     Yes
PHP Version     8.1.26
Web Server     Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface     litespeed
Joomla! Version     Joomla! 4.4.2 Stable [ Pamoja ] 9-January-2024 16:00 GMT

The issue may be related to sessions and/or cookies.

Clicking on the menu item Cart https://www.devnew.brisart.org/cart shows the cart as below:

This is Helium Outline - Cart
(I have hard coded the text above into the cart to show the source of the cart)
(The text below is being inserted automatically by Virtuemart - so the cart seems to be working.)
Cart
Cart empty
Back to Art Classes

However, adding an item (art course) to the cart fails at the point of registration and passing the item details to OPC:

Select a course from the home page e.g. https://www.devnew.brisart.org/courses/short-courses/painting-short-courses/pen-wash-2985

This loads the course information into VM.

Click on the Register Now button and the following popup appears:

Back to Art Classes Proceed with Registration

1 x Advanced Pen & Wash was added to your cart.

Click on the Proceed With Registration button, which has the same link to the cart as on the main menu at the top i.e. https://www.devnew.brisart.org/cart

and the cart cannot be found and importantly, the cart can also no longer be found using the main menu at the top.

The cart can only be activated again when the brisart cookies are deleted from the browser cache.

I need to resolve this before  we can develop plugin for Westpac bank in Australia.

rsearle

Hi Peter,

I have extensive experience with J4 and VirtueMart. I'm based in Melbourne. You can find my portfolio here.

If you would like me to assist with your problem, please get in touch via my contact form.

Thanks,

Russell Searle
Psicom

Sofiachloe

Hence, check to see whether your add to cart button isn't being affected by a caching plugin. Check the functionality of the add to cart button ...So, what causes Woo Commerce to quit adding products to the cart? Woo Commerce typically stops   2048 cupcakes  working due to a setting within the plugin, the WordPress installation, or the website's cache. The problem can also result from a conflict with the theme your site is using, or another plugin.The Woo Commerce pages or Cart URL may not be configured properly, which can also result in the add to cart button not functioning. Go to Woo Commerce Settings and click on the Advanced Tab on the settings page to make sure things are configured properly.

TheThingIs

petershaw54,
what version of VM do you have installed?

You should install J4.4.3 for bugfixes and security issues...

Why
QuoteDatabase Collation     latin1_swedish_ci
?
The database and tables should all be utf8mb4_unicode_ci ?

Check that your Gantry template is the latest version and compatible with J4.4.3 or better use Cassiopeia for testing ?

I think you have probably a lot of old stuff that you had installed on J3 taken over to J4...