News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Allowed categories shipment does not activate on child products without category

Started by Kuubs, November 23, 2023, 10:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

In the latest update 4.2.4 the shipment methods are not being shown when a child product thats in the cart isn't assigned to the categories allowed. In the past it also checked if the parent product was in the allowed categories and then showed the option. But not it does not do that anymore. Is that intentional?

Jumbo!

I believe it is intentional. However, it would be better if an extra parameter could be added in VirtueMart Configuration to add the additional queries to inherit categories of the parent to the child products while filtering tax & calculation rules, shipment methods and payment methods. It is very much possible.

Kuubs

Quote from: Jumbo! on November 28, 2023, 06:52:07 AM
I believe it is intentional. However, it would be better if an extra parameter could be added in VirtueMart Configuration to add the additional queries to inherit categories of the parent to the child products while filtering tax & calculation rules, shipment methods and payment methods. It is very much possible.
Weird because this was working since forever. Only in this new version this happens right now. And honestly, this is screwing up my shop. Do you know where this functionality is written? So I can change the code?