News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Display discount based on shoppergroup in module

Started by Roderic, June 21, 2023, 13:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roderic

J3.10.11 + VM4.0.22

I would like to show different discounts based on shoppergroup in a module as a banner at the top of a B2B website. So basically the same functionality that already exists for many parts of Virtuemart.
Can anyone point to what snippet I should look at?

I would like to try to get this working with Regular Labs Advanced Module Manager and/or Conditional content.

Here is an example for categories: https://regularlabs.com/forum/advancedmodulemanager/49707-virtuemart-j4-available

Cheers!

Studio 42

Roderic

So, my client wants to show a text with "xx% extra discount on all orders". The amount of percentage is different per shoppergroup. So for example: shoppergroup X becomes 10% discount and shoppergroup Y 5%.
Now it should be possible to make the percentage dynamic, based on the user that is logged in. And the link I've posted is an example how it works with categories. I need something similar but then for shoppergroups.

Is this clear enough? :)

pinochico

And where do you want show this discount?

On the product, or as text on the category description or?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

To display content by shopper group.
You need to get the virtuemart user
Get the user shopper group and get the Taxe Rules from  the user shopper group
Of course if you use product price overidde and not tax rules, then you cannot do this
The code is a little long to create. So you need a (Virtuemart) Developer certainly to do it

pinochico

I don't think so,
Modul VirtueMart Product Extended show content by shopper group and should be show price too.

But Im still waiting for info about my question, I don't want Guessing
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

Pinnochio.
I think he want display the shop Discounts not the products. My answer is for this case

Roderic

Quote from: Studio 42 on June 25, 2023, 11:26:01 AM
Pinnochio.
I think he want display the shop Discounts not the products. My answer is for this case

"I would like to show different discounts based on shoppergroup in a module as a banner at the top of a B2B website"

Yep, you are correct.

For the actual prices of the products, that's easily achievable with the Tax & Calculation rules in VM.

pinochico

I was a graphic designer for 20 years.
The term banner is for graphic output in jpg, png,...

So what are we talking about here?

About a module where you set up a module display based on a B2B customer group and define its content - so we are not talking about products.

So if we've progressed and we know what we want,
it's very easy to use the MiniJoomla VirtueMart Custom Module, which displays content based on the assigned customer group

In a real deployment you can see it on the www.zelenazeme.cz store, where it displays different content for regular users and different content for B2B users.

Thank you

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Studio 42

@roderic
I explained you what to do
If you know PHP and VM then you have all informations.
Else you have to pay someone to do it