News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Registration BEST SETUP?

Started by modernmagic, May 03, 2023, 16:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modernmagic

What is the best setup for VM registration?  J4.3 & VM 4.0.12

I assume we want registration, because we have repeat customers that want to see their order history. Does this require a joomla user account to be email-verified?

The problem right now is that after registering during the checkout process and clicking the verification link they received in an email, it redirects them to the home page.  If they try and login they get the message, "Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet."

I see on this forum that the verification is not a good idea.

What is the best setup that still allows shoppers can see their order history?
1. Joomla Users / Options / User Options
2. VM config
3. Plugins / VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates and Registration Redirect
4. Menu items
etc

jenkinhill

I seem to remember a registration bug in 4.0.12 which was fixed in later versions, but in my view confirmation of registration by email link is undesirable.

Set the VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates and Registration Redirect to redirect to VM registration.

In VM user manager Options set Allow User Registration and set New User Account Activation to None. Then shoppers can become registered without them having to take any special action.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

modernmagic

Thank you very much for your reply!

I agree with eliminating the email verification because we are not getting nearly the same orders as before.

I just need some clarification:

1. For "VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates", should "Redirect Joomla to VirtueMart registration" be YES or NO?
2. Where do I find "Registration Redirect" in order to "redirect to VM registration"?
3. Where do I find "VM user manager Options"?  Do you mean Joomla User Options? 

Please verify the settings on the attached screenshots.

Thanks again for your help.

GJC Web Design

Quote1. For "VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates", should "Redirect Joomla to VirtueMart registration" be YES or NO?
2. Where do I find "Registration Redirect" in order to "redirect to VM registration"?
3. Where do I find "VM user manager Options"?  Do you mean Joomla User Options?

1 and 2 are the same thing .. set system plugin "VM Framework Loader during Plugin Updates" to "redirect to VM registration"

3. yes..
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation