News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Fancy Box Images...lost?

Started by T.A. Garrison, LLC, March 24, 2023, 00:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.A. Garrison, LLC

//components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/fancybox/fancy_close.png

That is the path to the folder where Virtuemart looks for the "Close" (X) image for Fancy Box - both for the Ask a Question modal and the add to cart modal.

In the site I'm developing, the "X" image is missing from the modal. I've checked the folder and there is nothing in the folder except "fancybox.png" which is of no value to me.

If someone would be so kind as to point me to "where" the image (fancy_close.png) was placed - instead of where it belongs - then I could move it to where it belongs.

Does anybody know where the image can be found?
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

man.of.earth

fancybox.png is a sprite image. The close X is there too. You probably overridden the .css (moved it to the template folder), so the paths in the fancybox file css do no longer work correctly.
I fixed a few fancybox issues here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=149697.0 (and optimized it a bit).
The css paths to the images are relative to the website root, so they work anywhere you put them.

T.A. Garrison, LLC

Bad assumption.

If you look at the links to the images, you can see that's hard coded in the VM files...not something "I" have done.

After searching through and finding a default VM demo site where the X appears, the sprite is used, but the link is:
/components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/fancybox/fancybox.png

That's correct....but that's not the link in my system, which is created only by the developers.

Even though I've found the problem, VM developers need to make the change in the file(s) and rename /fancy_close.png to /fancybox.png - that is currently in the correct folder and there are no other images. None needed.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228

jenkinhill

In all my default VM installations the fancybox close X is a sprite.  Nowhere in the default files is a fancy_close.png

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hazael

You don't see the "close" button because you  have disabled fabcybox in the virtuemart settings (template)

man.of.earth

You don't need to react as if I was blaming you for anything (obviously, I offered a possible logical explanation for your problem). Maybe you were blamed in the childhood for nothing, that you react like that. I don't expect thanks either :D (d'oh, such people tend to be rude).

You forgot to mention the VM version you're using, which is usually important...
It seems you have an older VM version, maybe even before that sprite was used instead of many icons (in 2021 !!!).

Quote from: T.A. Garrison, LLC on March 25, 2023, 00:57:47 AM
Bad assumption.

If you look at the links to the images, you can see that's hard coded in the VM files...not something "I" have done.

After searching through and finding a default VM demo site where the X appears, the sprite is used, but the link is:
/components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/fancybox/fancybox.png

That's correct....but that's not the link in my system, which is created only by the developers.

Even though I've found the problem, VM developers need to make the change in the file(s) and rename /fancy_close.png to /fancybox.png - that is currently in the correct folder and there are no other images. None needed.

T.A. Garrison, LLC

Thank you, Hazel.

That was precisely what happened - Fancy Box was disabled.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228