News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multiple prices in product display

Started by annpaul, January 29, 2023, 08:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annpaul

Using VirtueMart 4.0.12 10777.

By default, I see that my product page shows three prices:
Base price for variant $10.00
Sales price $10.00
Sales price without tax $10.00

1. Is there any particular reason why it shows these three prices instead of just one "Sales price without tax $10.00"? I mean, I don't see the point of showing multiple prices to the customer but since all of them are shown by default, may be there is a gap in my understanding regarding how an ecom site should display products. Most popular ecom sites such as Amazon show only one price, right?

2. If I want to display just one price, is the only way to modify the product template or is there any customization option in the VM admin?

thanks!

jenkinhill

There are many reasons for showing different prices, eg for b2b, to display tax as required by some countries or to demonstrate an applied discount.

Price display is set under VM Configuration/Pricing/Show Following Prices   

Sometimes the price display is hard coded in template overrides, in which case the overrides could be edited.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum