News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Exporting VM data to new site.

Started by tomrinkes, January 03, 2023, 07:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomrinkes

Hello,

I need te migratie form J3 tot J4 and would like to start all over. fresh installation and fresh VM.
From my suppliers I have a ISO or utf8 file with all the products.

Is it diffeculte to import / export this products and with wat sollution wil this be the eastierst?

Greettings
twr-trading.nl

Tom Rinkes

jflash

Use this extension: https://daycounts.com/jmigrator with Virtuemart addon - simple, good, effective - worth every penny.

emmafrost1

Migrating from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 and starting with a fresh installation of VirtueMart is a good approach. Regarding importing products from an ISO or UTF-8 file, there are a few options available that can make the process easier.

One of the easiest ways to import products into VirtueMart is to use a third-party extension specifically designed for this purpose. One such extension is called "CSV Improved", which can handle various file formats and has a range of features for importing and exporting products, categories, prices, and other data.

Another option is to vidmate use VirtueMart's built-in CSV importer/exporter. You can export product data as a CSV file, make the necessary changes in a spreadsheet editor, and then import the updated file back into VirtueMart. This process can be time-consuming, but it's a good option if you only need to import a small number of products.

Before importing any products, it's important to make sure that your product data is structured correctly and matches VirtueMart's product fields. You should also back up your site and database before making any changes, in case anything goes wrong during the import process.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions!
VirtueMart enthusiast and advocate