Main Menu

Blocking a specific company name during registration

Started by foxfilip, December 02, 2022, 10:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxfilip

Hello,

site details:
Joomla! 4.1.5, VirtueMart 4.0.6. 10690, PHP 8.0.25

I would need to block certain company names during registration - this is because although I have Google ReCaptcha installed, a lot of spam accounts still go through registration.

Specifically, it is a company with the name "google" - without the quotes in that exact wording.

The registration works through VirtueMart, not Joomla.

So the question is, can I and how do I block the specific text when creating an account, meaning that the registration would simply not go through.
I need to black-list specific words in user registration.

Thank you very much!
Filip

Jumbo!

Try installing this free extension to block the spam registrations - https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/access-a-security/site-security/spambotcheck/. It can work in parallel with reCaptcha.

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

foxfilip

Hello,

I tried to solve the problem with a simple plugin that I implemented in the system.

It is a hidden script that checks the time spent on the registration page, with the understanding that if this time is exceeded, it will block the possibility of registration.

This actually worked and the thread can therefore be considered closed.

Thank you all very much.
Foxfilip

pinochico

QuoteI tried to solve the problem with a simple plugin that I implemented in the system.
It is a hidden script that checks the time spent on the registration page, with the understanding that if this time is exceeded, it will block the possibility of registration.

oops, hehe,
I want to start creating registration, in the middle make coffe, smoke 1 cigaret and then finish registration.
Is your hidden script inteligent == can I finish or block me?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

I'm a spambot. I can complete registration in a few milliseconds..............
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

foxfilip

Quote from: pinochico on December 16, 2022, 01:24:20 AM
QuoteI tried to solve the problem with a simple plugin that I implemented in the system.

oops, hehe,
I want to start creating registration, in the middle make coffe, smoke 1 cigaret and then finish registration.
Is your hidden script inteligent == can I finish or block me?

If this is the case, my script would let you register.
But if, on the other hand, you did the registration within 1 second, which is technically not possible, at that point my script would work and the error message would appear.
However, it will only work for the timer set on the registration page. Once the spambot detects that some such script exists and continues to tend to register, a few lines of code could change what happens, after which I would have to adapt my code again. So not entirely intelligent... But together with Google reCaptcha it works so far without any problem.