News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

devs, customfields are weird af!

Started by Fallen28, November 21, 2022, 01:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fallen28

1.) i need to have more than one created customfield to be able to apply any to a product,
which doesn't make any sense and discovered that by accident, i was going to pay for an extension
because i thought the built in one is broken

2.) when deleting and creating new fields, their IDs keep incrementing and don't reset back to 0 or 1

is there a way to make fields appear in modal when pressing add to cart on category view if they can't be assed to
look in product details?, make them required as well?

pinochico

Perfect, we have also assigned 50 custom fields to the product using core customfield.
You are following the right way of thinking, it can be set up normally in the administration.

Why should it be like that?
Do you understand mysql and increment ID at all?
VM is opensource, you can program this feature or ask someone to program this special feature for money.
But keep in mind that even Joomla article IDs don't increment after articles are deleted :)

Definitely.
Hire a developer to program V8m this way.
I don't want it in the core VM though - that's just your wish.
You can set the mandatory fields in the admin in the field settings - where is the picture of what fields you have already set and what you are not good at?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products