News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Billing and Delivery Details in Fancybox

Started by WebStuff, November 10, 2022, 15:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WebStuff

I'm hoping this could be useful to someone and wondered if anyone wanted to test on their system.

I've made an override to be able to enter Billing and Delivery details in the cart opening in a fancybox popup instead of going to a different page.
The overrides needed are only two files:
{YOUR_SITE}/templates/{YOUR_TEMPLATE}/html/com_virtuemart/cart/default_address.php
{YOUR_SITE}/templates/{YOUR_TEMPLATE}/html/com_virtuemart/user/edit_address.php

I'm not proficient in fancybox or jQuery or the in's and out's of form submissions so any improvements or bugs please feel free to post.

This could doubtless be improved possibly taking account of the dynupdate system but that is beyond me. Also calling pages as an ajax request instead of a call to the actual address pages.

This works on my system but your system may vary as regards plugins,etc. so it may not work for you.

Anyway I've attached the files they just need the .txt extension removing.

pinochico

Do you mean:

In the cart - Opening Billing and Delivery details in popup?

Sounds like an added complexity to an already complicated ordering process.
Can you send final demo pls?

I try on mobile.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

Most sites use one of the one-page checkout extensions...... all done on a single page.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

WebStuff

Quote from: pinochico on November 10, 2022, 19:24:15 PM
Do you mean:

In the cart - Opening Billing and Delivery details in popup?

Sounds like an added complexity to an already complicated ordering process.
Can you send final demo pls?

I try on mobile.
The files are attached to my post.

As far as complexity goes at the moment if someone is a new customer and wants to register or checkout as guest they are taken to a completely different page to register then they have to click back to the cart then they go to another different page to add a delivery address (if different) having to click on the cart link again to go back to the cart.
My thinking was that they could stay on the same page thus simplifying the checkout process.

I've even had people phone up when they have got taken out of the cart by the register/checkout process and so abandoned the cart. At least some of them phoned in.

Thanks for feedback.

WebStuff

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 10, 2022, 22:47:03 PM
Most sites use one of the one-page checkout extensions...... all done on a single page.
Thanks Jenkinhill
I'm hoping this could be part of the "standard" OPC rather than having to get another component or plugin.
My other thought was to have a slider for the billing and delivery entry forms but I couldn't get that to work across the VM sub-folders.
I'm really just trying to minimise the user bouncing to other pages as I think a  few get confused but also minimise cart "real estate".

Thanks for the feedback.

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

WebStuff

Quote from: pinochico on November 10, 2022, 23:54:39 PM
files not demo

You have demo or not?
Not on a public server I'm afraid only on a localhost server.
Thanks anyway.