News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Bulk associate categories [VM 4.0.7] BUG

Started by hazael, October 21, 2022, 15:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazael

Button with option "Bulk associate categories" works badly.
After selecting products from the list and selecting this option, no category is displayed.

The only possible option to display a list of category is to enter its name in the filter. A lot of people may not know it works that way...

Milbo

That works for me completly normal, on j3 old template and j4.
Btw, do NOT use the old temlate on j4, that is useless.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hazael

Quote from: Milbo on October 23, 2022, 22:14:09 PM
do NOT use the old temlate on j4, that is useless.

Quote from: Milbo on October 23, 2022, 21:43:29 PM
I used the last days mainly the old template.
You recommend a new template but You use the old one...?  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Do you have your own store on which you sell or are you just building this component? Maybe you don't notice everything in practice?
A simple example of a faulty new template, which is incomplete:

- Choose bulk group binding for categories or groups of customers - You will notice that the new template disappears and the old one appears...  :)
- In the new (and old) template, sorting / moving of the added photos ( in the product) does not work - you can see as in the attached 1 photo
- Adding related products and related category does not work in the new (and old) template - The template falls apart - you can see as in the attached 2 photo

Generally, the new template looks nice, but is not suitable for normal work.
I think I will also recommend the new template to everyone, but personally I will work with the old one  ;D ;D

But seriously
Virtuemart 4 (backend) does not work with Joomla 4 in the new and old template. The problem is a javascript conflict.
Virtuemart 4 works much better with Joomla 3 and there are no such problems at all

I tested on several sites (from VM 4.0.6 to last 4.0.7), (including a clean install of joomla 4.2.3) with different browsers

PS.

In general, new  template of Virtuemart is not entirely comfortable with managing products for the seller. It is counter-intuitive.
A completely useless column with product ratings has been added to the product list. How many percent of people use this rating system on their website? 2%?
However, the column with the stock is missing - this is probably the most important feature of the store, which is missing there.

In the orders, a list of sold products is displayed. Photo thumbnails are missing there. Not every seller knows what he has sold, seeing only the name of the product.
In addition, it is a mistake to remove the current stock which was previously displayed with the product sold - it was a very valuable tip for the seller

Milbo

You misunderstand completly. There is a new template, but a lot people still use the old template, so I keep it updated. Furthermore, if there is a bug in the old template, I must always check, if the bug is also in the old template, because it gives an important hint, where to look for the problem.

and removed your post? Your posts said, that you used the old template, you said it is also visible in the images, which is true. So whatever, I tested your problem with both templates, there isnt any problem in my case.

If you want that we can follow your problem, you must always write the joomla version and used Be template, if the problem is in the template. The new template should work as good as the old template and it works also fine in j4.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hazael

This is probably not a template problem or Virtuemart - it is a Joomla 4 compatibility problem

I have not deleted any post. The problem concerns the latest version of Virtuemart - I can give you access to my backend.

https://szeregowe.pl/j4/administrator
login: demo
admin: demo

In the backend: in the product list, you have a product with a photo. In produkct try it swap photos places...
I have the same problem on every page with joomla 4

In the subject of the post, I always include the version of the project
Joomla 4 / VirtueMart 4.0.7 10722

sirius

Jquery related
Uncaught TypeError: (intermediate value).find(...).andSelf is not a function
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

Milbo

Do you get this error? This error means, that jquery is not loaded. But it should always be loaded. And in my case it is also always loaded on j4.

hazael

Which Jquery is missing in your opinion?

In J4  is loaded:

media/vendor/jquery/js/jquery.min.js?3.6.0
media/legacy/js/jquery-noconflict.min.js
media/system/js/fields/validate.min.js
media/vendor/chosen/js/chosen.jquery.min.js?1.8.7

In VM is loaded from backend:
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery.coookie.js
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vm2admin.js
administrator/templates/vmadmin/html/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vmuikit_vm2admin.js

In VM is loaded from front:
components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery-ui.min.js?vmver=1.9.2
components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery.ui.autocomplete.html.js
components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery.noconflict.js
components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery.validationEngine.js
components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/languages/jquery.validationEngine-en.js
components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/i18n/jquery.ui.datepicker-en-GB.js

sirius

jquery.coookie.js

is it just a typo in your post ?
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

Milbo

No, it is coookie.

Look, Hazael, you do not use a vanilla install. No one has problems with jQuery on a vanilla install. So as always if there is a problem with jquery, it is some plugin doing that. If you just use a clean joomla and clean virtuemart, there wont be a problem with jQuery.

Hazael, did you read this? https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=78322.0