News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Please test for routing and datefields on j3 and j4

Started by Milbo, September 06, 2022, 10:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

This is a new version, which has a completly new method to merge the Request vars with the router vars. This is necessary for j4, but may also change j3 behaviour. Furthermore the generic setting of task and layout is removed, because it cannot be catched.
In addition, the date fields should now be saved correctly.

Please test https://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/1327/com_virtuemart.4.0.7.10699.zip
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hazael

When trying to install / update VM (J.4.2.2):
Undefined constant "VMPATH_LIBS"

This error appeared in PHP 8.0
After change to PHP 7 the installation worked.

bindcommerce

I think that it solved my problems with the routing. Thank you Milbo!

Joomill

I have 2 menu-items which displays 2 different categories.

- menu-item 1 works fine.
- The other has ?clearCart=0 in the URL and shows an Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item error message.

There is a store menu-item for each language present.

Alexb65

Hi
Routing seems to work in J 4.2.2 but pagination links are wrong
In category view each pagination button links to the first category page

hazael

Almost everything works for me now. Both on the page where I use the basic SEF system from Joomla and on another page where I use the 4SEF plugin. :)

With Joomla SEF:

/sef,price/results,19-27
/sef,price/results,10-18?keyword=
/manufacturer/fenix/szeregi/sef,price/results,10-18?keyword=

with 4SEF plugin:

/sklep/bracelets/results73-96
/sklep/earrings/byproduct_sku/results25-48
/sklep/rings/byproduct_name

List of products in HOME page:

There is no reference to "limitstart=0" in the main menu.
Without it, the page will always point to a random pagination page - just like in the attached photo.
This issue occurs if the product listing category is set to the domain start page by default (hompage). Also for this reason, it is impossible to return to the top of the product list using pagination.

tonis

Hello,
this fixed 2 problems for me

1. problem with breadcrumb path in category without menu item http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=148795.msg530918#msg530918

2. and problem with order detail page. The problem was - if there was menu item for the main category, and menu item for orders list, after clicking on some order details, nothing was diplayed. Now ist ok.

Thanks!

The category page pagination problem seems to remain.

chupi

I just installed version 4.0.7 (compatible J3/J4 bugfix RC) on a test site and the errors that existed with the Joomla router have been corrected when Virtuemart SEO was enabled, no error is shown in the logs of Apache on a site with Joomla 4.2.2 and PHP 8.0.23 . Congratulations to the developer team !!!

But now I have a doubt to see if they can solve it for me. Previously with Joomla 3.10.x the Home in the main menu was defined as

Frontend page
Use with option Vm-Manager activated, or as old Front page (deprecated)
Front-end managing your store. But deprecated to display products, Use 'Category Layout' instead.

with this URL: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=virtuemart

But with Joomla 4 this gives a 404 error. What should we do to display the Virtuemart home page as before?

Thank you

hazael

For me (J4.2.2), sorting products based on the choice of the manufacturer's name works terrible and random.
I've tried to solve this with other SEF components, but it often fails with 404 error. Router
in sorting the manufacturer's name it generates an absurd link structure for me.

When I'm on a category page (category name "kolczyki"), its link (no sef) looks like this:
URL with no SEF: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=16&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=0&Itemid=162
URL with joomla SEF: /category-name

One of the links in sorting the manufacturer's name looks like this:
URL with no SEF: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=16&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=5&Itemid=162
URL with joomla SEF: /category-name/producent/manufacturer-name/category-name  (???)

See how it looks in the attachment in the photo.

According to SEO rules, the structure should look like this:
/category-name/producent/manufacturer-name
or
/category-name/manufacturer-name

---------------------------------------

PS. How to disable SEF links in this variable?
$orderByList['manufacturer']

hazael

Big Problem with Joomla 3

After updating, I noticed that Virtuemart support was very slow for me.
I noticed a loop in the logs that is overloading my server.

It is impossible to work with VM 4.0.7. I went back to the previous version.

Darko F.

Hi
J4 and VirtueMart 4.0.7 10699.

When I press Joomla menu link with alias Shop with top category i get

/shop?clearCart=0  <!-- maybe is that default behaviour I don't know -->

This update fix breadcrumbs for categories without Joomla menus.

Pagination still don't work no Mather what page number I click all have the same /(this-category)?clearCart=0 link

When I try to edit product from front page I get
my site/en/?option=com_virtuemart&tmpl=component&manage=1&view=product&task=edit&virtuemart_product_id=576
And error 0
If difficulties persist, please contact the website administrator and report the error below.
0 Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Router\SiteRouter::setMode()
The same error I get when i press PDF icons or email icons

Hope this help.

Regards.

There in no problem if you fall. Problem is if you don't get up

scriner

Hello,

This update solved my problem with routing https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=148714.0. But I already restored website to J3 because there was many other problems.

But other problem with ?clearCart didn't solved. Why this tale - ?clearCart needed at all?

And I have problem with notify function, after I entered email and press button it shows message that "Notify successfully saved" and "vmTable store insertObject" but in fact, no notify email saved. Anybody has same issue?

J 4.2.2 / VM 4.0.7 10701

scriner

Quote from: hazael on September 12, 2022, 13:45:08 PM
Big Problem with Joomla 3

After updating, I noticed that Virtuemart support was very slow for me.
I noticed a loop in the logs that is overloading my server.

It is impossible to work with VM 4.0.7. I went back to the previous version.

I have same, but with J 4.2.2 and VM 4.0.7 10701

When I trying to save product, I get 508 error and mod_hostinglimits stops me.

[host website.kz] Error on sending request(GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product&task=edit&virtuemart_product_id[]=2&_=1663301629449 HTTP/1.0); uri(/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product&task=edit&virtuemart_product_id[]=2&_=1663301629449) content-length(0): ReceiveAckHdr: nothing to read from backend (LVE ID 10130), check http://docs.cloudlinux.com/mod_lsapi_troubleshooting.html, referer: https://website.kz/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product&task=edit&virtuemart_product_id[]=2

kiro789

0 Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Router\SiteRouter::setMode()
I have this error now on the site