News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

ARTIO SMS plugin problems.

Started by WebStuff, July 19, 2022, 17:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WebStuff

I've been using the Artio SMS plugin for years now on my site and it has worked great until recently.
They seem to be having server problems and none of my order notification texts are being sent to customers' phone.
We rely quite heavily on this as orders can take a few weeks to complete and we send progress SMS for each stage so the customer doesn't think we've forgotten them. :)

If anyone else is using this plugin and having problems(or not) could you let me know.
I've contacted their support, posted on their forum and even done a paid support ticket but have yet to receive any replies.

Failing that does anyone know of another plugin that does SMS texts when an order status is changed in Virtuemart?

Thanks in advance.

Joomla! 3.10.10
VirtueMart 4.0.6 10690
Artio SMS 2.0.7

pinochico

Quoteand even done a paid support ticket but have yet to receive any replies.

It is not possible, because max. after 2 working days support send first answer - we have now 60 prepaid support ticket, because we use a lot of Artio SEF products.
Pls don't blame, the paid support ticket for Artio is the best option, definitelly
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

pinochico

QuoteVirtueMart 4.0.6 10690

Really?

Why do you try it with VM4? if on official web is completelly other info?

http://www.artio.net/virtuemart-tools/sms-notifier-for-virtuemart-vm-sms-notifier

VM SMS 2.x is compatible with Joomla 2.5/3.x + VirtueMart 2.x.
VM SMS 1.x is compatible with Joomla 1.5/ + VirtueMart 1.x.

This is your trouble, you should have found out before upgrading, don't blame anything on Artio support.

And the Artio forum is not suitable for troubleshooting, no one from Artio support answers there.

Take it positively, when you solve this problem of yours, you won't mindlessly upgrade at any price in the future.
Maybe you will learn from this.

It just boggles my mind that the owner of the eshop is suffering these troubles for you.
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

WebStuff

Hi pinochico,

Do you work for Artio?

I did pay for a paid support ticket, the money was charged to my PayPal account but is not showing in the Artio SUPPORT:DASHBOARD page, however I have an order number and confirmation for the support ticket so I suspect Artio's system is, as I said, not working correctly.

Instead of getting so defensive it may have been more helpful to notice that the Joomla version I am using is one which the Component states it does support and it is this that is failing to function.

I would hope that Artio would look at this matter. Especially as we have used (and paid for) the SMS plugin and SEF component for years.

Here is the text from the component:

Available credit: 221.2 credits
Estimated exhaustion: 0 hours

and when a test SMS is sent from component.

(301) Insufficient credit

Obviously it would seem that the calculation between "Available credit" and  "Estimated exhaustion" is wrong or does not have enough precision if 221.2 credits is less than an hour. Artio need to look at the code on their server that sends this AJAX response. I suspect it may be better to send the response in minutes and report it as such or use a "float" instead of an "int" as at the moment if there is less than an hour credit exhaustion then no SMS can be sent which I suspect is the problem. I am loathe to add more credit to test this hypothesis in case the Component is, indeed, broken.

Thanks for your attention.

pinochico

No,
I don't work for them.

Personally, I had a bad experience with them in the sense that before they did any bug analysis of their extension, I had to pay 200 EUR twice in advance.

But I use their JoomsSEF application on about 20 eshops and thanks to that I have many free paid support tickets, which they are happy to close even before solving.

It's true that they always responded and got back to me within two days and tried to solve the problem

But usually I seemed to fix it with my own programmers, it was cheaper and only after another half a year they included my paid modification in the new version == they didn't admit mistakes and got paid for them.

Anyway, in my opinion, this version is not for VM4 and therefore won't work because the triggers between VM3 and VM4 are named differently.

Then it's logical that there is a bad calculation and the application is disabled.

Until a version for VM4 is released, the problem will not be fixed and I would consider disabling or replacing it with another application.

The problem with Paypal needs to be addressed directly.
On their website, the phone is to the Czech Republic and worked normally during business hours.

After agreeing on the phone I then subsequently sent an email.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Recently we have been considering implementing an SMS gateway into our Tennis Tournament app for J4.

Straight up:
I was looking around at other products from other developers right away.

I can only help by calling them directly and forwarding your email.
Then it will be up to you when they contact you

WebStuff

I too use their JoomSEF component and have never had any trouble with it. That's part of why I tried their SMS component and it has worked fine up until about a month ago. I'm not using the VM plugin part just the component for testing and having traced the functions none of the plugin code is being called when using the test text feature so I think the VM version is not an issue.
I think after further investigation it is in fact the int zero value being returned from their server which is the problem.

I will just have to try another component if I don't get any joy from Artio.

Thanks for your help and comments.