News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

"Ask question" no longer working

Started by bestcons, July 25, 2022, 17:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bestcons

Yes, I did. Both on a Joomla 3 and a Joomla 4 website. Both were unsuccesful and I had to return to 4.0.2

jenkinhill

Still working OK for me, VirtueMart 4.0.12 10777  Joomla 3.10.11 PHP 8.0.25

Does recommend to a friend not work for you either?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bestcons

This function has never been implemented. At your request I selected this option in the Configuration. In VM 4.0.2 it works but in 4.0.12 the envelop icon shows up on the product page, but that 's it. Identical to the earlier indicated problem with "Ask question".

bestcons

In the meantime I used my membership to download VM 4.0.16 10812. Unfortunately "Ask question" still not working!! Help!!

bestcons

In the meantime I downloaded VM 4.0.20. "Ask Question" still not working   >:(. Is this topic still under consideration?

jenkinhill

I just checked VM4.0.20 on VM J 4.3.1 - ask a question and recommend to a friend work just fine.

I should add that ask & recommend work also with  VM 4.0.20 on J 3.10.11 but only if the user is logged in.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bestcons

I assume you are referring to Joomla 4.3.1. I use the same release and as concluded earlier, I still have the problem. VM 4.0.2 is the "golden" release that not has this problem.

bestcons

In the meantime I installed VM 4.0.22 in my test environment with Joomla 4.3.2. "Ask question" still not working. This is an essential function and without I cannot migrate the website of the Historical Society from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4.
For those interested in this problem, please visit http://www.dedecanije.nl/beeld/foto-s/scholen-en-schoolfotos/medlerschool-1/f562001-detail and try the button: "Stel een vraag".
Please HELP.

jenkinhill

Browser console shows JavaScript errors on the page, jquery related. What stands out is "Uncaught TypeError: $.facebox is not a function"  - you should be using Fancybox to dive the popup for the ask question link. Make sure it is turned on in VM configuration/Templates
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

bestcons

Fancybox has been on all the time. As repeatedly stated: VM 4.0.2 is the golden standaard. In this version "Ask question" works, both for Joomla 3 and Joomla 4.

jenkinhill

Does your VM4.0.2 give JS errors in the console on the product pages?  On my current test site of VirtueMart 4.0.22 on Joomla 4.3.1 there are no errors on product pages.

Actually, on a closer look, there seems to be a conflict with ARKeditor - maybe try disabling that plugin?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

bestcons

Disabling the Arkeditor does not lead to any improvement.

Studio 42

Uncaught TypeError: $.facebox is not a function
    at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (f562001-detail:706:11)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js?3.6.3:2:43336)
    at y.handle (jquery.min.js?3.6.3:2:41320)
Please enable fancybox. It should solve your problem

bestcons

Fancybox has been enabled all the time. See attachment.