News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom fields no longer showing

Started by zorigo, July 12, 2022, 19:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorigo

I have a couple of sites that I have updated to VM 4.0.6.  Within these sites I had custom fields that were pulled into the product details page.  However, they are no longer showing on the page.  Specifically, one is a custom field that is supposed to show is an editor type custom field that shows the ingredients for the the product.  Previously, the below worked.  Has this changed?

<?php echo shopFunctionsF::renderVmSubLayout('customfieldstabs',array('product'=>$this->product,'position'=>'ingredients'));?>

pinochico

Why don't you look inside origin template from VM for compare code?

Oh men, do it you anything self :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

zorigo

I did and the logic is the same in the original product details page.  It's just simply not pulling in custom fields from my custom sublayout.

pinochico

and your sublayout is only in template override?
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

zorigo

Yes, that is correct.

Sub Layout is in /templates/template_name/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts
Product Details is in /templates/template_name/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails

And everything worked correctly until I updated virtuemart to VM 4.0.6

GJC Web Design

if u temp rename your sublayout folder?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

zorigo

Doesn't the product details look for sublayouts in the sublayouts folder?  Won't that break the page entirely?  Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying.

pinochico

no, temporary rename your folder - name sublayout in template folder in
html/com_virtuemart/sublayout

to html/com_virtuemart/_sublayout

and check on your website if cusotmfiled show on product detail or not == now you use not override from template but original sublayout forlder from core VM.

zorigo

That worked!  SO weird. Thank you so much!

GJC Web Design

it's not weird .. it simply proves that the override in  /templates/template_name/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts is not compatible with VM4
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation