News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Bug in template category after upgrading to VM 4.0.2

Started by hazael, May 16, 2022, 12:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazael

After upgrading VM from 4.0 to VM 4.0.2, selecting the category template to bs3-default.php does not change anything.
Despite selecting the bs3-default.php file, the category template points to default.php

The same is true for selecting product details. Despite changing the template, the content from the default.php file appears.

VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla 3.10.x

hazael

The bug, however, is on the side of the Custom Filters (2.13.0) from breakdesigns.net

Customfields should display search results based on the file:
/components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/bs3-products.php

Unfortunately, this is not the case...
The component always points to the file regardless of the template selection:
/components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/products.php

Even if in the custom template I will create the flile:
/templates/my-template/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/products.php

The customfields component will always refer to a file:
/components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/products.php

Milbo

Maybe this is fixed with the next bugfix release. I worked on this.

In general, the override is always prefered/taken. The idea of this system is to be able to use normal bs3 templates without extra overrides for virtuemart. So if you start without overrides. There will be another layout system for bs4 in the next 1-2 months.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hazael

There is already VM version 4.0.6 and so far the problem with overwriting the template for categories has not been fixed.

For the record:
I have a custom file for a category in my template directory:
/../com_virtuemart/views/category/my-category.php
For example, in the "orderby-displaynumber" css class section, I select the manufacturer's name from the list. After selecting the manufacturer, my custom category template is replaced with the default system template:
/../com_virtuemart/views/category/default.php

Currently, after each virtuemart update, I have to additionally overwrite the default Virtuemart file.

Studio 42

/../com_virtuemart/views/category/my-category.php is not the way to add overrides
You should use
templates/YOURTEMPLATE//html/com_virtuemart//category/default.php

hazael

It gives no results. even if the file name in the template is identical, in many cases the page is displayed directly from the Virtuemart component