News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product bundles?

Started by man.of.earth, April 29, 2022, 21:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

man.of.earth

Hello devs,

Here https://virtuemart.net/news/506-virtuemart-4 it says one can create product bundles, but it's not clear how. Can anyone tell how products bundles can be created? Thanks.

Milbo

Create a customfield bundle. Select a category there, if you want to list only a certain type of products in the product edit. For example you sell pocket lights and you want to offer different types of batteries, then you could set the customfield on batteries. Name the customfield "Batteries" Now go to your product pocket light, add the customfield Batteries. Then you see a pricing option and a dropdown of the products in the category "batteries". Then you can for example add a cheap battery for free, or give the opportunity to select another battery, with more power for some extra price. Or a reduced price of the actual price of this battery. So if you change the price of the battery, the price in the bundle is also changed. That is the trick of it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

man.of.earth

I see. It is useful for bundling a product with other variants.

Is there a way to create a collective product, i.e. a product that is made up of several other products, all at once? And its price to be the sum total of the products it is made of?
Thank you.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

man.of.earth

Product X is made up of product A, B, C, D (a bundle, or compound product, or a pack of products).
Price of product X = price A + price B + price C + price D.

If product X (actually ,,pack of products X") is bought, the stock of A, B, C and D products decreases.

pinochico

QuoteIs there a way to create a collective product

I think this:
https://breakdesigns.net/extensions/joomla/product-bundles
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

tom@rocketcert.com

Quote from: arcturus on May 02, 2022, 13:21:23 PM
Product X is made up of product A, B, C, D (a bundle, or compound product, or a pack of products).

If product X (actually ,,pack of products X") is bought, the stock of A, B, C and D products decreases.

This is what we also need.   However, if Product A has a $10 price increase, then this should be reflected in the total for Product X.

Did you find a solution?

Tom

Milbo

Quote from: arcturus on May 02, 2022, 10:53:35 AM
I see. It is useful for bundling a product with other variants.

Is there a way to create a collective product, i.e. a product that is made up of several other products, all at once? And its price to be the sum total of the products it is made of?
Thank you.

Lol, I dont know what to say. I was not explaing this? It is the same as with the multivariants with children. You can use the parent product as presenter for all your variants, or you can use the parent product as the first variant. The same here. You can use the main product as part of the bundle, or you can use the product as "The bundle". As you wish.

You can modify any prices. You can use the original price or modify it with a percentage or fixed amount. You can set products as fixed bundle, or optional. There is really no wish left. I am going to change my "Bundles" in the extensions store and it should also work with the download plugin correctly.

and now I read the rest of the thread.

Milbo

Quote from: arcturus on May 02, 2022, 13:21:23 PM

Quote from: Milbo on April 30, 2022, 22:55:53 PM
Or a reduced price of the actual price of this battery. So if you change the price of the battery, the price in the bundle is also changed. That is the trick of it.

I did answer this, but I see, we need a docs for that.

extonjaez

Hello

Have you please a frontend demo URL page where this new feature of VM4 where "PRODUCTS BUNDLE" is showed ?
Many Thanks!!!
Arnaud

System Information
PHP Built On   Linux s22095112 3.10.0-1127.13.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 23 15:46:38 UTC 2020 x86_64
Database Type   mysql
Database Version   10.2.44-MariaDB
Database Collation   utf8mb4_general_ci
Database Connection Collation   utf8mb4_general_ci
Database Connection Encryption   None
Database Server Supports Connection Encryption   No
PHP Version   8.1.9
Web Server   Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface   fpm-fcgi
Joomla! Version   Joomla! 4.2.3 Stable [ Uaminifu ] 27-September-2022 15:35 GMT
User Agent   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Darko F.

Hi
I try set up bundles, I did all what Milbo say in post above, but cant get it work.

1 I create a custom fields bundles with name - bundle

2. Select category with many product in created custom fields.

3. I add in the test product with name - TEST  - back end  custom fields bundle,  there I can pick up all product in category so I pick one, but after save the only one product could be selected with name  - Test -.

4. I add the same custom fields bundle to some other product, and I could could only pick up  - test -  product in field drop down,

No price changed on FE nothing, I can't find how to make it work?

There in no problem if you fall. Problem is if you don't get up

Darko F.

I forgot :)

VirtueMart 4.0.13 10787

And J4

Darko F.

So I figured out:

I create a custom fields bundles with name - bundle and you need to:
Enable:
add to car attribute
and
enable
Input.

This do the trick.

EvanGR

A small but important feature request:

Allow to create product bundles from unpublished products.

Purpose:

Some products are not sold separately. They are parts to a larger product. When the larger product is sold, the stock changes for the parts.

Would be a great addition if this feature was implemented.