News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Finishing Touches needed before website goes live

Started by SuitedScooter, April 14, 2022, 07:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuitedScooter

I've developed a Joomla website for a client and supplied, installed and configured VirtueMart 3.8.8.

The site is ready to go live, but there's a hand-full of tasks that I don't know how to do. So, I'm looking at sub-contracting those tasks out to one of you.

The site is https://sweetdelights.kiwi

And this is what my client would like changed:
1) On the individual product details page,

change the wording
"With shipment Orders under $50 flat fee for $0.00
Sales price"

to

"1) Sales price $5 per pack
2) Orders under $50 flat fee $7.00
3) Orders over $50 free delivery"

2) On the my-cart page,

2a) Hide "SKU" from the order details.

2b) The "invoice" should also show a New Zealand Tax amount. Each product cost of $5 includes 15% tax. The total amount includes 15% GST..... not 15% on top of the $5 product cost.

2c) CLICK "add/edit billing details"
Remove the following fields:
Title
Middle Name
Rename "Zip/Postal Code" to "Postal Code"
Remove all countries except New Zealand (since we only ship to New Zealand)
State/Province/Region
Phone
Mobile Phone
Fax

2c) Please replicate the above on the "Add/Edit Shipping Details" (also accessible from the my-cart page).

3) On the "my-cart" page, please tidy the "Selected Shipment" section when an order is OVER $50....
It doesn't need to display "Orders under $50 flat fee"
It doesn't need to display "or change the selected shipment method"
It doesn't need to display "Orders under $50 flat fee"

If this is something you would like to do, please flick me a message or e-mail me suitedscooter@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Suited

pinochico

It sounds like making adjustments for developers from someone who can't develop.
Have you already ordered a developer or are you planning to develop your website (yours, because you will then receive money from the client for it) here on the forum?

P.S.
Thanks Jorgen :)

I m really dummy and don't understud, this post in section commercial jobs, then my post is very bad....
Sorry for others
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

SuitedScooter

Hi Jorgen,

I'm not sure if I understand your comments and questions, so I'm sorry if I don't answer the way you expect.

I'm a reasonably new website designer (self taught) and don't know how to customise Virtuemart. So, I need some help.
Yes, I am being paid for this job, but I have permission from my client to get help, which my client will pay for. I made it very clear to my client that any changes that require PHP or SQL knowledge will require some third-party help.
I am looking for that help on this forum.

I don't understand this sentence at all: "Have you already ordered a developer or are you planning to develop your website (yours, because you will then receive money from the client for it) here on the forum?"

Jörgen

@Suited

I am Jörgen  8)

It is easy to misunderstand each other in a forum and I reached out to Rudolf (Pinochico) and asked him to edit his original post. He added what, in my eyes and what I know about it, sounded like a good excuse for his post.

Rudolf reacted to the post out of context, it looks actually like a work order and in a FREE forum this would be considered unpolite. The thing Rudolf missed is that You posted in the "Commercial Jobs Forum".
I hope this clears things up.

@Rudolf

Thanks for writing your excuse to Suited and give me a small mention. But as You see, communication is not easy.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

SuitedScooter

jjk

Just a few suggestions which come into my mind:

For the product page you may create a Joomla language override for the language key COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE and use the text string 'Price per pack incl. 15% GST'.

For the shipping cost information I would create a new VM custom field of the type string which says something like
'Shipping cost within NZ = $7.00'
'Free shipping for orders over $50.00"
and assign that custom field to the 'addtocart' layout position.

For hiding the sku column in the cart you could create an override of the file \components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default_pricelist.php into the folder ...\templates\mytemplate\html\com_virtuemart\cart and replace the rows responsible for filling the sku column with <td colspan="1">&nbsp;</td>.
Not a very elegant solution, but it should work (I've done that for hiding the discount column). A future version of the VM cart might have selectable columns.

For showing the prices including GST in the cart, select the 'VAT-tax' in the VM configuration.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations