News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Discount code only for product itself not the custom fields

Started by Kuubs, November 19, 2021, 10:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

Hello,

I am trying to add a coupon code for the product only, excluding the custom fields, but I cannot seem to get it working right.

I tried adding the code multiple times , and then adding exclusivity to the products, but when setting multiple codes it doesn't work. It seems it only checks once for an existing code.

Is it possible with a core hack or something?

Studio 42

Sorry, but your request is not clear !
If you use a fixed price for the coupon (not a percent) then the coupon value never change
If you need multiple coupons, then you have to change the coupon code for each coupon to have no troubles

Kuubs

Quote from: Studio 42 on November 19, 2021, 11:47:24 AM
Sorry, but your request is not clear !
If you use a fixed price for the coupon (not a percent) then the coupon value never change
If you need multiple coupons, then you have to change the coupon code for each coupon to have no troubles

I understand. But I want to use a percentage. I want to use 1 general code for a fixed percentage of only the product itself, without the custom fields.

Else I thought I can use 1 coupon code for different products, the problem is that every product has his own fixed discount because its in percentage. I thought making 3 different coupons with the same code but only per product specific, but that doesn't work.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Studio 42

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jenkinhill

It is worth checking with Seyi, he is usually very helpful.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK