News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Strange link behavior after adding a new category

Started by mar22, September 05, 2021, 19:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mar22

Hello all

I have a big problem when adding new categories.
Well, after adding a new category, the names of other categories are added before its name, which changes the behavior of the store.

The same situation happens when I add a new product and add this category to it, then the product gets in the link e.g. two additional categories, but it is not assigned to them at all.

Has anyone had this situation and knows how to fix this problem?

I would be grateful for any tips.
Maybe something went wrong somewhere in the database?

I have Virtue-Mart 3.0.18.

regards
Marcin

jenkinhill

Can you confirm you are using VirtueMart 3.0.18? That version is from 5 years ago, current is 3.8.9. It is likely that the issue you report has been long fixed if actually due to VM rather than configuration or db issues, but somebody may remember also having that problem?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mar22

Yes, I'm using version 3.0.18.
When I tried to switch to the newer version of Virtue-Mart it was the whole store
It completely broke, so I have to use this version

pinochico

Yes, we use on 8 shops VM version 3.0.3 still (on PHP74 and Joomla 3.9.26), don't worry :)
Only developpers want only upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, but shop have to be function and make money (not in the newest version VM).

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

@pinochico I know you use some old versions. Have you ever come across the issue described here?

@mar22 how many categories do you have? Somewhere in my memory is something about problems with more than a certain number of cats.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mar22

Well, there are some of them, currently I have 195 categories

But does Virtue-Mart have any limitations in the number of categories? I never heard about it :(

pinochico

QuoteHave you ever come across the issue described here?

No, I just wanted to encourage the questioning that there is no need to worry about the type answers - you do not have a current VirtueMart.

This is not essential for the thing.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

Quote from: mar22 on September 08, 2021, 20:16:07 PM
Well, there are some of them, currently I have 195 categories

But does Virtue-Mart have any limitations in the number of categories? I never heard about it :(

I have to try to remember from a long time ago, but I do recall that increasing PHP resources allowed more categories to be created.
The only thread I found is this: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136411.msg476530#msg476530
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK