News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart in German does not work

Started by mckater, July 06, 2021, 07:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mckater

Hello,

I tried to set the language to German with the Virtuemart language files, but it only shows the menu bars in German but not the product entry or the shopping cart where everything should be in German. Joomla is set to German. Does anyone know the problem? I installed  the entire Virtualmart program and language file from Jommla.

Regards,
Reinhard

Jörgen

Does this relate to your earlier post about Joomla in english and VM in german ?

In that case this is not a standard issue, You have to tell what You have done to mess things up.

VM works very well in german, no doubt of that.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

mckater

I also think that Virtuemart works perfectly with German.

I think my problem is because Virtuemart only works with German (DE) and I have German (AT) in Joomla.

As far as everything is good, delete the German (AT) and install this German (DE).
But I need this in the content languages ​​folder.

So, then I wanted to install this German (DE) there with all the names and Joomla says, this language already exists in Joomla ?? But I deleted all of them except for English.
Only the German (AT) can be installed there!

mckater

I was able to solve the problem with the language in Joomla.

I deleted German (DE) de-de in the database, then re-created the German (DE) language in the contents language folder, which was previously not possible because Joomla was complaining.
Now it has also worked with Virtualmart in German, in the frontend and backend .... juhuuuu ... great, it works