News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

user disabled OR NOT ??

Started by Iryn3l, May 31, 2021, 10:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iryn3l

Hello
I have a doubt too
After a user tries to reset his password, column 2 remains disabled
When I acces user on  details this appear as activated.
What is the actual situation?
i Attach 2 images
Thanks

Joomla! 3.9.20
VirtueMart 3.8.4 1033
PHP 7.3

Jörgen

The first column is User activated, this can be activated during registration and by admin. Column 2 is user confirmation, this gets set when a user has confirmed his account. If the user does not confirm his acount the admin can activate the account without user confirmation. This confirmation is AFAIK only done using the very first registration process. And an admin can override this by setting the account active.

If the user during password reset does not follow through the wholw pocess the column 2 will also be unconfirmed. Have you tried to update Your view, it does not get updated if the user makes a password confirmation during the time You are monitoring the list view. The user confirmation will not be shown in the details view.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Iryn3l

At this moment I have automatic activation (without asking the client to activate with e-mail account)
So column 2 should be confirmed not as it is now

----If the user during password reset does not follow through the wholw pocess the column 2 will also be unconfirmed.--- >>> From what I noticed, this happens and practically the user can no longer log in , in this situation

Have you tried to update Your view, it does not get updated if the user makes a password confirmation during the time >>> You are monitoring the list view. The user confirmation will not be shown in the details view. >>>>
I don't know what you mean here, more details please

Thank You

Jörgen

Quote---If the user during password reset does not follow through the whole pocess the column 2 will also be unconfirmed.--- >>> From what I noticed, this happens and practically the user can no longer log in , in this situation

Yes, he can, test it by yourself, the account is not locked.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.