News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Template provider recommendations

Started by dylanphelan, May 23, 2021, 18:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dylanphelan

I have been using the same template since 2015 now.

Any suggestions on template providers?

The companies I used to use don't seem to be updating their templates frequently.

Looking for something lightweight and clean, obviously with good mobile display.

I would also like the option to display a brand tab in the product details. This should show the manufacturer description.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pinochico

this?

https://www.olympianthemes.com

Dear visitors, we do not sell, update or support our products anymore.

it does not seem credible.
Isn't there another alternative?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

GJC Web Design

Have u tried one?  Fast, light and simply work ...  that is the advantage of a simple template ... u don't require endless updates, recoding efforts and renewed subscriptions ...
easy to adapt to any design
they simply work ..
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

dylanphelan

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pinochico

QuoteHave u tried one?  Fast, light and simply work ...  that is the advantage of a simple template ... u don't require endless updates, recoding efforts and renewed subscriptions ...
they simply work ..

I believe you, but we use from 2005 fast, light and simply rewrited template from Rockettheme - Afterburner (now as EasyPeasy from EasySoftware), then we don't need any new template (and we don't sale it, it is only for us)

But if I see this info from developer:

QuoteDear visitors, we do not sell, update or support our products anymore.

so it's weird and i have to ask, isn't it?

Because it is beautiful that templates are used by many developers, they buy them on the virtuemart portal (and thus support Virtuemart developers),
but if there is no support, then for people who are not developers, such templates are ultimately a curse, because they have to post here on the forum and demand modifications.

And those modifications will occur because Joomla4 will be released with Boostrap5 and these templates will be incompatible.

Therefore, only a developer who can program changes himself can use these templates without support.
They should not be used by the so-called clicker installer, which knows what to do with each error.

But that's just my personal opinion, thankfully I'm not addicted to choosing a template.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

GJC Web Design

Spyros has closed his business .. preferred fishing I think...

Max offers the templates on Istraxx and if it ever did occur that an a change in VM or Joomla required a change in the template Istraxx would handle it
GJC Web Design

dylanphelan

Quote from: pinochico on May 25, 2021, 23:11:30 PM
QuoteHave u tried one?  Fast, light and simply work ...  that is the advantage of a simple template ... u don't require endless updates, recoding efforts and renewed subscriptions ...
they simply work ..

I believe you, but we use from 2005 fast, light and simply rewrited template from Rockettheme - Afterburner (now as EasyPeasy from EasySoftware), then we don't need any new template (and we don't sale it, it is only for us)

But if I see this info from developer:

so it's weird and i have to ask, isn't it?

Because it is beautiful that templates are used by many developers, they buy them on the virtuemart portal (and thus support Virtuemart developers),
but if there is no support, then for people who are not developers, such templates are ultimately a curse, because they have to post here on the forum and demand modifications.

And those modifications will occur because Joomla4 will be released with Boostrap5 and these templates will be incompatible.

Therefore, only a developer who can program changes himself can use these templates without support.
They should not be used by the so-called clicker installer, which knows what to do with each error.

But that's just my personal opinion, thankfully I'm not addicted to choosing a template.

Interesting. Thanks. Am taking a look now.

I have seen a couple of couple of nice looking templates on themeforest/envato.
I know they are bloated, but they do offer some nice looking features.
You also get access to updates for as long as the template is updated.

I am not a developer, so I don't have the skills to add onto a very simple template myself.

Gora

dylanphelan

Quote from: Gora on May 27, 2021, 17:55:48 PM
You can also take a look at Virtueplanet - https://www.virtueplanet.com/joomla-templates/

Thanks. I was browsing through the different VM template providers demo sites on my phone last night.
Interesting to see the different mobile displays.
I have not looked at virtueplanet in many years, but will take a look again.

Troels_E

Switched from Olympian to Virtueplanet last week just to have a supported template.
I was not dissatisfied with olympian (apart from them taking my money and closing 30 days later) but with supported I mean one that is actively developed and have a support forum etc.
So far Virtueplanets templates seems quite nice and so is their one page checkout. Template will need more tweaking to gain same speed as Hera etc.

But the selection of templates is tbh not very impressive at the moment.