News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

PayPal Standard without invoices fields

Started by user_fra, May 04, 2021, 10:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

user_fra

Hi,
(Joomla 3.9.26 - VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472 )
please, is there a way to hide in PayPal payment page all the fields related to the invoice? Address and so on...
I know they are not required, but many customers spend time to fill them even if they are registered users in Virtuemart and they have already provided every detail for the invoice.
I only sell to registered users (not guests).
Thank you
Regards
Francesco

Jörgen

I can not see that this is neccessary. Registered data is automatically transferred. Please show us what You mean.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

user_fra

Hello Jörgen,
I made a mistake and I apologize for it. I got mixed up with two sites.
I ask you the courtesy to consider the question differently: in a site only for guest users where only an email address is required for the purchase (I sell downloadable files) using standard PayPal, the customer also sees the fields for the invoice on the PayPal page .
Is it possible that these fields are not shown on the PayPal page?

I still apologize for the confusion in the first question.
My best regards
Francesco

jenkinhill

My understanding of the way Paypal works is that an address is required for anyone making a payment through their system. If they have a Paypal account then the address fields will be pre-populated, but if making a card payment without a PP account then the address of the card holder is required.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

user_fra

Thank you jenkinhill,
on one site I use PayPal Hosted Pro. In that case PayPal only asks credit card details also to guests users. Because Hosted Pro costs 29 euro every month, I was considering to use PayPal Standard. By the way, Hosted Pro gives the option to use iframe in the site, so people can pay in the structure of the site (logo, menu, footer, modules...).
My best regards
Francesco