News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

router error?

Started by FusionNetwork, April 19, 2021, 17:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FusionNetwork

Hi all,

I am trying to use Virtuemart Products module to display Products from same category on the products details page. I used it on other sites and it works if you select yes for category filtering and leave category empty. It gets the category id from url.

Initially worked, but I unchecked the "Use full category tree for product links" from the Virtuemart config, SEO tab to see if it gets the category, and no, it doesn't get it so I checked back "Use full category tree for product links" but now even with that option checked it does not get the category on product details page. I don't know what to do. I checked and compared #_virtuemart_configs table with one from a working site (with same settings) and everything looks ok.

I found an old post (https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=133744.0) but the code in the router has changed and it seems it has been updated for that issue...

If I disable Joomla! SEF, the category is set correctly in the product details view so I think is a Virtuemart router error.

Joomla 3.9.26
VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472
php 7.4

Thanks
Regards
Cosmin

Studio 42

Do not forget to clear the Joomla cache.

FusionNetwork

Hi,

Thanks for help.

Sandruk1's post helped.

I think it has something to do with SEO options from Virtuemart config. I have websites where I'm using products module to display products from the same category on product details page and all are working with latest Joomla and Virtuemart, but I didn't mess with Virtuemart SEO settings.

If you check "Use Product and Category IDs" and uncheck "Use full category tree for product links" and then revert back, the category isn't set anymore even if "Use full category tree for product links" is checked.

I'll try in a fresh Virtuemart install and come back.

Thanks both of you for your help.

Regards
Cosmin