News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2 currencies questions

Started by madpato, April 15, 2021, 20:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madpato

Hello

Im pretty new to VM (first time creating one from scratch), i have installed version 3.8.8 10472 on a Joomla 3.9.26 and PHP 7.2

I  need to configure a product with 2 prices with 2 different payment methods:

First on CLP with wire transfer as a payment method.
Second on USD with Paypal as a payment method (using sandbox atm).

I have enabled on config Prices by currency option.

I have created a test product with CLP 2000 and USD 100 but on the USD price i get a modification on the base price (tested other currencies this does not happen) and cant find why. I dont have a conversion rate on the USD currency. See attached image.
Also i cant find a way to show the 2 prices on the product page, you can have a look here: https://comisionminera.cl/component/virtuemart/talleres-y-seminarios/taller-12-de-mayo-2021-detail it shows only one price.
Is there a way to force pricing and payment option? So if i choose CLP i get the wire transfer data, if i choose USD i get the paypal option.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

jenkinhill

Use a hidden configuration option.  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=144685.msg512622#msg512622

You can specify a currency for each payment plugin, eg set Paypal to USD only.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

madpato

Thanks what about the problem with the discount on the usd price seen on the screenshot?

Regards.

Jörgen

Test using the same rules for both currencies. Now they are not the same.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

madpato

Ok now i have even only one price on a new product, it still shows that strange discount i dont have any tax rules (the section is empty).
Maybe since my default currency is CLP it is converting it? Even tried to manually edit final price but it goes back to the same.

jenkinhill

I suspect that the currency converter is doing its job!  I have never tried it, but you could try renaming /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/currency_converter convertECB.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

madpato

Hello just tried that, it crashed my administrator of VM, guess i have to override the final price. Did that but now i got a discount at checkout because of this conversion, which is not what i need...

Also how do i force the setting of a payment plugin to a specific currency? looking on the forum cant find the answer.

Thanks.

pinochico

QuoteI suspect that the currency converter is doing its job!  I have never tried it, but you could try renaming /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/currency_converter convertECB.php

Better option is download noconverter.php from rupostel.com
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products