News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Editing an order, wrongly applies VAT rules for shipping

Started by acarvalho, March 26, 2021, 19:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acarvalho

I have a shipping that should not have any VAT applied to it, and in a normal checkout it works as expected.

The issue is when I edit the order (edit ordered products), even though I've made sure to NOT have the checkbox to calculate (the VAT), it just ignores it and calculates (inserting the percentage of the VAT that I have for the products).

I've tried every combination, and it always applies the VAT.

Is this a known bug?

Help please.

Jörgen

Tell me how an unknown software (your VM version) can have a knpwn bug ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

acarvalho

pinochico

Bug is shipping without VAT (really exist?, I know, we use sometime too, but is not correctly)

then when edit order (I don't like edit order, is not normal - if you buy something on amazon, then amazon edit your order and change?), I think system don't use shipping without vat and calculate with vat.

Then if you ask - is bug or not, I think no, because shipping should by with vat.

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

acarvalho

If we have the option to edit it is not a matter of it being normal or not, it should behave as expected.

If I have the checkbox off, it should not recalculate the VAT.

I just wanted a confirmation that this is doing that for someone else and a solution for it to behave correctly.

AH

Can you see what your setting is in configuration/checkout

Simplified VAT for shipping

Maybe you have this turned on?

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

acarvalho

I did have it turned on, but even with it off, it calculates the VAT for the shipping when editing the lines of the order...