News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Multilanguage Problem

Started by webf, February 12, 2021, 19:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webf

Hello, i have a shop in german and english but it does not display the translated product title, intro text and category in the category view when switching to english. I see the english add to cart button but the translated text appears only in the product detail view.

If I remove german from the VM configuration I see everything in english, so it is there. If I have both german and english it is mixed in category view

What could cause this?

joomla and vm are latest version, PHP 7.3.10

Jörgen

I guess You have put german text into the english files. Have You set up a Joomla menu and content structure for both english and german language ? This is required for Joomla.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

webf

yes, everything translates, the menu, the add to cart buttons, all the other pages, only in cataegory view I still see german product title and intro text, even if there is english title and intro text entered. if i then enter the product detail, I see the english product title and text

Jörgen

You have to translate the products. Note the small flags that tell you what language you are editing.
Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

webf

of course!
If I set the shop to only use english, it works, everything is translated. if I set only german, also, everything is in german. But when I set to use both languages, in the category view the product titles and intro text stay german, addtocart is english, only when I enter the product details I see the translation

webf

I think I found the culprit: an extention called "VirtueMart E-mail / Invoice Enhanced". If I rename the folder in plugins/system everything translates as it should. I already notified the developer

Jörgen

Yes badly written plugins can scr-w up the language switch. Nice that You found it.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x