News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Unknown column 'published' in 'field list'

Started by EvanGR, February 05, 2021, 12:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvanGR

Hello,

When trying to update VM order status, the site returns with the following error:

Quote1054: Unknown column 'published' in 'field list'.

This started occurring after a 3rd party company integrated their ERP system with our store, but they refuse any responsibility for this error.

It seems like a database column is missing? Any clues on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks

[VM 3.8.4]

EDIT#2 (after more tests): I enabled Database Debug info, and it seems a 3rd party extension (which injects itself in product status updates) is to blame for this. First tests show the problem is resolved after disabling the extension.

Jörgen

This usually occurs when a fieldname SQL query misses single quotes around it. In Your case "published" misses ' in the query. Without any more info I would say talk to the ERP people again. The syntax of the sql query is broken.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

EvanGR

Thanks... do you know where I can find the SQL queries/code that gets executed when the order status changes?

Jörgen

Error log would give You the code address.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

EvanGR

I had a quick look at the Apache error log, but did not see anything relevant. But I only checked a portion of it, is this the place to look?

We have disabled the ERP integration to our system. And the error in the first post still occurs in *some* orders.
Is it possible to track down the SQL queries executed up to that error?

I am beginning to think that the problem lies in how some orders have been added in the database (perhaps in a slightly modified way) after the 3rd party software integration.

PS. Updated to latest VM 3.8.8, with no success in solving the issue.

EDIT: Forgot to mention in the first post... the problem only occurs when trying to change to a specific order status 'S'.

EDIT#2: I enabled Database Debug info, and it seems a 3rd party extension (which injects itself in product status updates) is to blame for this. First tests show the problem is resolved after disabling the extension.